• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a re-badged Buffalo. I think there's been a few threads about buffalo urns, have a bit of a search

my understanding is that Apuro is the same as Buffalo. I have an Apuro ice-cream maker which is excellent.

A.B. said:
I asked that mob about shipping to ACT, $66bucks...
TwoCrows said:
Has anyone used or knows if this brand of water urn is of value....

Or save your bucks for a crow or birko..........

Apuro Hot Water Urn 40Ltr

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Commercial-Stainless-Steel-Apuro-Manual-Fill-Hot-Water-Urn-40Ltr-/112000460408?hash=item1a13bf6678:g:~6oAAOSwKtVWxr4x
Check nisbets.com.au
Shipping to me was free, but I'm in Melbourne. Can't speak for ACT. Also get $10 off first purchase

Yes apuro and buffalo are the same company.

I have the older version that they recently stopped making (CC193-A). It has a 2.4kw element which is slightly higher than the new one, but I found that mine only held 36L when filled to the max line (obviously it should have been 40L)

Sort of limits the volume of finished wort you can produce. Hopefully the new ones are true to size. Also I found that the formula V = ( pi×r² ) × h was extremely accurate in finding the volume of the urn, even with the slightly uneven surface. For interests sake, V is given as cm³ (which is the same as 1mL) and r and h are cm too.
Give that a shot when/if you get it.

EDIT: spelling and other

talco92 said:
Check nisbets.com.au
Shipping to me was free, but I'm in Melbourne. Can't speak for ACT. Also get $10 off first purchase

Yes apuro and buffalo are the same company.

I have the older version that they recently stopped making (CC193-A). It has a 2.4kw element which is slightly higher than the new one, but I found that mine only held 36L when filled to the max line (obviously it should have been 40L)

Sort of limits the volume of finished wort you can produce. Hopefully the new ones are true to size. Also I found that the formula V = ( pi×r² ) × h was extremely accurate in finding the volume of the urn, even with the slightly uneven surface. For interests sake, V is given as cm³ (which is the same as 1mL) and r and h are cm too.
Give that a shot when/if you get it.

EDIT: spelling and other
Filling with water and pour into drink bottle and count the number of fills would work.put down a cross for each fill so you don't lose count they may have measured in US gallons and converted to liters and not allowed for US gallon being less.

talco92 said:
Also I found that the formula V = ( pi×r² ) × h was extremely accurate in finding the volume of the urn,
funny how that works out, isn't it?

Edit: I've had way too many beers tonight. Please forgive.

On a pure mathematics level, it is genuinely amazing to me how everything in this philosophical realm happens. We are merely observers....we own nuthin '

I feel like an infant in the face of the bigger maths.
Volume = Area(base) X Height for a cylinder is within a pubic hair from differential equations compared to what can be done.

I know that I know nothing.

I like beer. Mash is 35 minutes in and another beer down the hatch and on goes sparge water burner....

Benn said:
https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/262441779406
6 days 15hrs to go
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Tosser cancelled the bidding and ended the sale.

Latest posts

Back