• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MastersBrewery said:
Twin Hand pump setup bit exy but ain't seen one for sale before.
QLD $600
I've been watching that for a while now, it's come down from $750 a few months ago
I did want to mail them and say they're more likely to sell it at the $400 mark, but I can't be arsed

Someone's making a killing on these things.

They go for a hell of a lot less than that in UK on EBay.

Hmmm, why isn't it me making that 'killing'?
Nobody is making a "Killing"

The freight to Australia is usually much more than the purchase price on EBay.

That's true. Maybe not a killing. But a decent saving?

My father back in UK has bought up a few single units. Sadly, lots of pubs have closed in recent years so there are quite a few engines for sale.

Freight company Seven Seas for example, have a large capacity box with a limit of 40kg, which from memory was pretty reasonable. Not fast, but reasonable. It was a couple months travel time IIRC.
I think it'll certainly work out cheaper than buying in Aus.

We'll see how much a cheaper purchase price combined with multi-unit freight saves.

Yob said:
I'd be in on a BB if I didn't have to organise it ;)
Think of the challenge!! You know you WANT to!

ED: I'd be into some BB action if one went ahead

One of the UK eBay sellers with multiple new hand pumps is willing to ship. I'll do some research and may start a new thread if news is good. I'm guessing that with shipping/customs we'd be looking at around $400 for a new Angram engine. That of interest to folks? IIRC they're about $1200 new here, but that's months ago so IMNRC.

Once again not ebay or gumtree - but MrsGrumpy is on a roll this week.

She picked this up at Liqourland at The Glen for $10

IMAG0849.jpg

Thats either $2.50 a stubbie and two free glasses.

or

$5 a glass and 4 free beers.

GrumpyPaul said:
Once again not ebay or gumtree - but MrsGrumpy is on a roll this week.

She picked this up at Liqourland at The Glen for $10

attachicon.gif
IMAG0849.jpg

Thats either $2.50 a stubbie and two free glasses.

or

$5 a glass and 4 free beers.
It's Steamrail.

Tip the beer, enjoy your nice $5 glasses.

mattyl said:
I just showed that listing to SWMBO with a hopeful smile on my face. She actually recognized it! Half of her family is from the Gong and Daptos League Club was their watering hole for a long time.

"I used to drink there, so did my Mum, dad and a lot of my cousins but where the hell are we going to put something that big?"

Aaaah well, it was worth a shot.

Back