• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get a sheet of cement fibre material, concrete can be a bit dangerous sometimes and if on the ground, youll want to spread the load so it doesnt sink into soft spots.

Lochem said:
anyone have any experience using one of these cast iron burners without a frame/stand? is it alright to just put it on the ground outside and place the HLT/boil kettle straight on it?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-3-RING-CAST-IRON-WOK-BURNER-LPG-GAS-COOKER-OUTDOOR-STOVE-BBQ-CAMPING-/141242967877
if you're using a keggle, it won't sit directly on top
pimping my biab stand yet again...
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/67823-where-to-buy-a-nasa-burner/page-2#entry977940

I have a 4 burner that's now made into a proper stand, but my keggle sat on top just fine. Just be really really careful. I'd suggest testing it out full of cold water first. 30L of scorching wort on your legs would be a really shit way to find out if yours balanced properly or not ;)

Yob said:
get a sheet of cement fibre material, concrete can be a bit dangerous sometimes and if on the ground, youll want to spread the load so it doesnt sink into soft spots.
when i said "ground" i meant on concrete. what can be dangerous about the concrete?

slcmorro said:
I have a 4 burner that's now made into a proper stand, but my keggle sat on top just fine. Just be really really careful. I'd suggest testing it out full of cold water first. 30L of scorching wort on your legs would be a really shit way to find out if yours balanced properly or not ;)
the link is for a 3 ring ;)

Lochem said:
when i said "ground" i meant on concrete. what can be dangerous about the concrete?
water/air pockets in the concrete, can explode if heated

sp0rk said:
the link is for a 3 ring ;)

water/air pockets in the concrete, can explode if heated
cool. just bought a frame for $55 +$11 postage.

altogether $66 + $31 on ebay for new 3ring burner...cant go wrong!

Someone posted somewhere the other day that there's a new version just released that has stainless rollers (might have been direct from aliexpress)

Back