• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
120L SS Chemical Mixer... rekon itd make a wiked MT

$100

Greenbank QLD... Bastards..
Thanks Jesse, passed that one to a mate who snapped it up. :super:

Batz

Sweeet.. Some pictures once he's got it going would be cool.. Spewing that wasn't near me, I'd have been all over that.

Cheers

Crouch said:
You think that mash tun could be used as a fermenter ... it seems to seal up with clasps at the top too? Would just need to swap out that brass fitting for SS.
looks like a seam in the bottom, might be hard to clean properly if it is one..

Looks identical to the ones we purchased in a bulk buy some time ago, mines been great, haven't had a single problem with it. Also says it comes with a life time warranty.

citizensnips said:
Looks identical to the ones we purchased in a bulk buy some time ago, mines been great, haven't had a single problem with it. Also says it comes with a life time warranty.

Yep, they're the same mills as the bulk buy SimoB organised. Quality mill, mine hasn't missed a beat.

Old kegs

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kew-east/other-tools-diy/kegs-bargain-50-each/1054245555

I went today and picked up the old Tooth barrel shown in the ad.

There's also a 22 litre in good condition, but not being a kegger I can't speak to the seals.

And there is a matched set of 3 old 12 gallon??? kegs. Two of them look pretty solid internally, the third I'm not so sure of, but if you were turning it upside down to use bottom outlet it would likely be fine. I'm nowhere near a 3v keg build, but would have definitely considered the three if I were. Then again I don't know shit from Shinola.

She would likely let them go for less. She definitely wants to get rid of them.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Donske said:
Yep, they're the same mills as the bulk buy SimoB organised. Quality mill, mine hasn't missed a beat.
Thanks for the info gents. Be thinking about getting a mill so I just might have to grab one at that price.

Mardoo said:
Old kegs

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kew-east/other-tools-diy/kegs-bargain-50-each/1054245555

I went today and picked up the old Tooth barrel shown in the ad.

There's also a 22 litre in good condition, but not being a kegger I can't speak to the seals.

And there is a matched set of 3 old 12 gallon??? kegs. Two of them look pretty solid internally, the third I'm not so sure of, but if you were turning it upside down to use bottom outlet it would likely be fine. I'm nowhere near a 3v keg build, but would have definitely considered the three if I were. Then again I don't know shit from Shinola.

She would likely let them go for less. She definitely wants to get rid of them.
Doh! I sent her a message when she listed those on the 14th and she never got back to me :( Should have just phoned her.

That first one would be fantastic for pressure ferments, and rare as.

MB

Vanners said:
Thanks for the info gents. Be thinking about getting a mill so I just might have to grab one at that price.
At that price even if you don't like it you will be able to resell without a loss mate, its a steal.

Just make sure you use feeler gauges to set the crush, the marks on the knobs are not great, mine had a half mm difference on each side when I tried setting the gap with them. I've found 1.1mm perfect for the roller size.

Dippet said:
Anyone think this is a good deal?
I bought 4 of them with combined postage of $30 (works out to be $57.50 each with postage). I thought it was a pretty good deal. They were in pretty good nick with syrup still in the bottom. I have cleaned, sanitised and filled one but have not dispensed from it.

It's worth noting that none of my 4 had pull-ring manual PRV's. They had the automatic PRV's that you cannot manually open (sure you can push in the gas post). I ended up getting talked into replacing the lids at the LHBS for $20 a pop. They have now cost me $77.50 each. Take away from that what you will.

thuperman said:
I bought 4 of them with combined postage of $30 (works out to be $57.50 each with postage). I thought it was a pretty good deal. They were in pretty good nick with syrup still in the bottom. I have cleaned, sanitised and filled one but have not dispensed from it.

It's worth noting that none of my 4 had pull-ring manual PRV's. They had the automatic PRV's that you cannot manually open (sure you can push in the gas post). I ended up getting talked into replacing the lids at the LHBS for $20 a pop. They have now cost me $77.50 each. Take away from that what you will.
Thanks, Thuperman. Still deciding between getting a keg set up part-by-part or just grabbing one of the 2 keg setups from Liquorcraft.

Back