• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. Would be good for someone with a 6kW HLT or similar, since it'll only ever be heating and not need as precise control as a HERMS.

MastersBrewery said:
This morning I had ice on my windscreen, right now it's 21c and has been for about the last 3 hours, I'm fermenting at 16c glad I have both.

MB
Now here is the trick, I dont turn the fridge on only the heat belt.I anticipate were I want to temp/ferment most of the wort and let it creep up to that point.
If it gets cold outside it makes no difference to my ferment as its regulated and steady.
Its not going to get too hot as its insulated in the fridge away from ambient heat and it has a huge thermal mass.
Works every time.
Summer you just swap the settings around.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Now here is the trick, I dont turn the fridge on only the heat belt.I anticipate were I want to temp/ferment most of the wort and let it creep up to that point.
If it gets cold outside it makes no difference to my ferment as its regulated and steady.
Its not going to get too hot as its insulated in the fridge away from ambient heat and it has a huge thermal mass.
Works every time.
Here in the Southern Highlands of NSW, MB you need to be able to control both on the same day. We can get to 5° at night, then 28° in the day in spring and 14 to 34 in summer. Even though you use an insulated fridge, it wont stop the temperature fluctuations that are bad for fermenting.
I have the data (being a hydrographer) somewhere, from when I set up a data logger and temp probe just to see what my fridge would do in 'normal' summer weather, without external control. I had 7° difference from the troughs to peaks in a diurnal pattern. Simply not good enough for fermenting. I could set it to cool only when it gets to 19, but overnight it will drop to 14 or so.
Being able to switch on heating and cooling automatically is essential where I live.
mckenry

Point taken but in my time brewing (long) I have never had the need to do that.
My hand goes up. I'd be fuked if it couldn't do both. Massive difference in days and nights temp here.

Works every time.
Works for me on the sunny coast.

DU99 said:
Warranty,does it have concealed element....no issues with changing the plug..
Warranty is the catch I think. Nothing is obvious except for replacing or refunding a faulty or damaged item on delivery. I don't think the element matters if it's concealed or not. Not hard to change the plug.

shaunous said:
Anyone used this type of meat slicer? I've had them saved in my Ebay Watchlist and just seen they've got cheaper again.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121203537125&ssPageName=ADME:X:pROI:AU:3160
Get your arse down here this weekend, Aylward Auctioneers has some stuff left over from one of the butchers at Urunga that closed
Looks like there's a meat slicer in there
http://www.aylwardauctioneers.com.au/auctions-and-for-sale/no-reserve-inhouse-auction-saturday-16th-august-2014-10am

Pick me up a new chesty while you're there, will ya?

Also looks like they've got some of the left overs (bottle trees, drum trolleys, etc) from the brew on premises joint where Arghonaut and I got all our hops & grain

That Kryovac sealer would be handy for anyone who buys hops in bulk,or a brew club .
And the refridgeratered counter top would make a nice bar.
Cheers....spog...

Latest posts

Back