• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dippet said:
The guy who sells these has his warehouse one street over from my warehouse - literally a 1 minute walk. They are CHEAP pots ... not the best but would be okay as a HLT. Not very good quality stainless either, they are highly magnetic (and as per my understanding, good SS is not magnetic due its chromium and nickel content).

dave81 said:
For those who want to go the pid route this seems like a good price for a disconnect able sensor
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/380938165742?nav=SEARCH
Bought several of these. Be prepared to re-wire them ... of the 3 I have bought, 2 of them had the wiring put straight out of the disconnect when I took them out of the wrapping. Given I'm re-wiring them anyway I wasnt too fused, the quality of the solder is pretty ordinary. Other then that they are a good unit.

sp0rk said:
That's from Black Duck (I think), I'm heading there next weekend for a tasting
If anyone wants to buy the bottler or kegs, let me know ;)
Bulk buy ;-)

sp0rk said:
That's from Black Duck (I think), I'm heading there next weekend for a tasting
If anyone wants to buy the bottler or kegs, let me know ;)
hrmmmm ... tempted. Got a lonely 3 phase plug down the back of my warehouse, I'm pretty sure I can just make out the word 'bottler' written above it.

sponge said:
I was hesitant on this listing, and still am, but am hoping that for some magical reason this actually ends up being legit.

The seller responded to an email (in broken english) about sizing and then sent another email when it was marked as posted so who knows..? Should be covered by both PayPal and the CC used anyways if it all turns to sh!t.

Depending upon the quality, and if it even ends up showing up in AUS, it'll either be used as a kettle or HLT. I thought it was worth living life a little bit dangerously for 50c/L delivered.

Now to hope the $6B from my Nigerian price friend shows up in my account over the next couple of days.
I should've known from all the signs, but it really was too good to be true..

Seller has been delisted and everything that goes along with a scammer, but thanks to good ol' PayPal, I haven't ended up out of pocket. Definitely wouldn't have bid if the seller didn't accept PP.

Pretty convenient as I managed to score a brand spanking new 100L and 170L SS pot for $50ea. I think it all worked out for the best.

Latest posts

Back