• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
practicalfool said:
So, you actually got the pots??!
Nah, the 113L one that was listed on eBay was a hoax, but scored a pretty good deal the next day on gumtree with the 100 and 170L pots.

They were just taking up space in a chef's shed and wanted them gone. Bargain.

Obviously you don't want to heat and cool simultaneously.

But if you have an application that involves sometimes heating, and sometimes cooling then you might want to be able to connect both heating and cooling, then set and forget.

Depends on the user and the application.

So when the listing says "Heating and cooling control" am I wrong to assume it does both like our preferred STC?

How do you tell from the specs if it is the write on?

GrumpyPaul said:
So when the listing says "Heating and cooling control" am I wrong to assume it does both like our preferred STC?

How do you tell from the specs if it is the write on?

It only has one relay, hence you can only plug in either the fridge or heater and then set the mode to the desired option. Also it is only a 5amp relay, so be careful what you plug into it.

QldKev said:
It only has one relay, hence you can only plug in either the fridge or heater and then set the mode to the desired option. Also it is only a 5amp relay, so be careful what you plug into it.
Thanks....

I had a look at another one and figured this out..

For those looking in the future specs look like this

Heating and cooling
Relay contact capacity: Cool 10A/250VAC;Heat 10A/250VAC;

Heating or Cooling (not both)
Relay Contact Current: AC 5A / 220V

GrumpyPaul said:
Thanks....

I had a look at another one and figured this out..

For those looking in the future specs look like this

Heating and cooling
Relay contact capacity: Cool 10A/250VAC;Heat 10A/250VAC;

Heating or Cooling (not both)
Relay Contact Current: AC 5A / 220V
So something like this would fit the bit - appears to be a proper STC 1000. ($18 shipped isn't too bad, but coming from China can sometimes take a while)

I did order 2 of those other units a few weeks back but they have not arrived .. will keep them for something else.

Cheers

Crouch said:
So something like this would fit the bit - appears to be a proper STC 1000. ($18 shipped isn't too bad, but coming from China can sometimes take a while)

I did order 2 of those other units a few weeks back but they have not arrived .. will keep them for something else.

Cheers

Looks like a proper stc to me too, and I have purchased them from that supplier before.

The other ones you have already ordered should be ok for controlling a normal fermenting fridge.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Point taken but in my time brewing (long) I have never had the need to do that.
This morning I had ice on my windscreen, right now it's 21c and has been for about the last 3 hours, I'm fermenting at 16c glad I have both.

MB

Back