• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding was that an australian online business was required to quote and ABN, and that price lists were required to state that they were inclusive of GST.

More than happy to be corrected and withdraw my statement if i'm incorrect (an applicable reference would be appreciated if possible - so i can update my own knowledge, not to dispute/prove anything.)

the only time an abn must be quoted in this scenario is on a tax invoice that must be supplied to the purchaser IF they request one

the purchaser can, or should (but practically wouldnt in this case) withhold abn withholding if the vendor does not provide a valid abn

gst and its payment thereof is a matter between vendor and ato, it is irrelevant to the purchaser UNLESS the purchaser intends on claiming an itc, which requires that both vendor and purchaser be registered for gst and vendor provides purchaser with a valid tax invoice that must indicate the gst on the transaction or that the total includes gst

i'm not providing any more free advice ...

the irony is that your so called "tax cheat" appears to have a current valid abn, or coincidentally there is another business also in victoria named clinton manjeshni ...

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn...abn=89721336895

i'm sure he's not making 75k on these things...
Fair enough, and I withdraw my statement and appoligise to clinton_manjeshni for any comments I have made regarding his taxation liability (can't edit my original post, so my retraction has to go here)

edit: added reply to DonBurke who posted while i was writing the above.

the only time an abn must be quoted in this scenario is on a tax invoice that must be supplied to the purchaser IF they request one
I was always under the impression that it must be provided when goods are offered for sale, though i appreciate the correction.

the irony is that your so called "tax cheat" appears to have a current valid abn, or coincidentally there is another business also in victoria named clinton manjeshni ...
I also never said he didn't have an ABN (only that he didn't list it on his site), and my original comment said he (probably) wasn't registered for GST, which according to your link is correct. :D

I was always under the impression that it must be provided when goods are offered for sale, though i appreciate the correction.

This is only true if they are 'enguaged in the business' of providing the goods or services - not if they do it as a hobby, even if they make a profit.

Otherwise you are saying that everyone on AHB that accepts money for goods being sold, bulk buys or even Matho's controller would need to do the same !

:blink:

This is only true if they are 'enguaged in the business' of providing the goods or services - not if they do it as a hobby, even if they make a profit.

Otherwise you are saying that everyone on AHB that accepts money for goods being sold, bulk buys or even Matho's controller would need to do the same !

:blink:

from my original post

despite the fact the he's clearly operating as a retailer

And if you go to his website, he is clearly engaged in the business of providing goods (he has a trading name - fridge mate temp control solutions, and has an e-commerce website.).

Also you do not need an ABN if you are a retailer, although it is better to have one, as you can operate under your own name and if you are expected to earn under 75K, can not collect GST or add gst to your pricing. WHen you provide a tax invoice for transactions it is infact a reciept.

I have ABN, am GST registered and i do not like giving the government free money but hey i will gladly take it if they are giving it out.

NOW this pisses me off no end. IS that if you are an Australian business and operate a shop and/or website ALL YOUR PRICING must be inclusive of GST not plus GST if you are advertising to the general public. WHich one retailer on this site does.

Hey if all this has changed since 2008 then i need to brush up on my tax needs. Although i need to resend my 2006/2007 tax return due to a tax agent either ******* up or the tax department doing it.

Although i need to resend my 2006/2007 tax return due to a tax agent either ******* up or the tax department doing it.

I am under the impression from my accountant that you'd need to do it pretty quickly if you're gonna do it. I have just amended my 2010 return as i discovered some accounting errors in my myob file for my private tuition (music) database. Told my accountant about it, gave them my database for them to confirm, and yep i was correct.

I was then told that I had 5years from the lodgement date to ammend a return.
Not sure if it's different for a "business" compared to a one man show like me, and you probably know all this already, thought i'd just throw it out there....

I am under the impression from my accountant that you'd need to do it pretty quickly if you're gonna do it. I have just amended my 2010 return as i discovered some accounting errors in my myob file for my private tuition (music) database. Told my accountant about it, gave them my database for them to confirm, and yep i was correct.

I was then told that I had 5years from the lodgement date to ammend a return.
Not sure if it's different for a "business" compared to a one man show like me, and you probably know all this already, thought i'd just throw it out there....

I have till the 12 of july to lodge it...

Does CraftBrewer (or whomever makes FridgMates) know he stole their name?

But I assume you are suggesting "Are people dumb or just plain stupid?" because of the price, but if he is a licensed electrician and has all the appropriate approvals, I'd suggest the price is resonable, and it means the thing is 'legal' and does not need to be DIY wired which could potentially be hazardous.

Sorry Wolfy, regarding "Are people dumb or just plain stupid?" I mean that there are cheaper options available which are legit. eg. Keg King do one that they sell for around $70 complete. Also the one this guy is selling for top dollar is aesthetically horrendous.

Beer Bottles You got to be kidding right.

Tell im he's dreamin. Could nearly buy full ones for that price.

if he is a licensed electrician
In regards to what he is doing, he only needs to be qualified or deemed competent to perform the task. He does not need to be a licensed electrician.

That looks cool as. I just bought it so i could have a look at it.

Would be great for monitoring and adjusting cooling water output from a condensor on a not to be named piece of equipment B)

Might see if i can buy 50 of em.

Hey mate, did you end up using them? How good/bad are they?

I'm thinking of getting something for the mash tun as currently all I use is a stick thermo for everything... Keep having to pop the lid to check it. These would be awesome if they're any good.

Hey mate, did you end up using them? How good/bad are they?

I'm thinking of getting something for the mash tun as currently all I use is a stick thermo for everything... Keep having to pop the lid to check it. These would be awesome if they're any good.

I have it here but i haven't used it yet. They are a great bit of kit. The thermo dial is about 60mm across with the heavy duty plastic rim around that again. The valve itself looks to be stainless, although i am not positive on that. The dial is very clear and easy to read, even from a distance.

I don't know how well it would work when the valve is closed on your tun, i guess if there is a loss, you could measure it and allow for it. The sensor part is on the inside of the ball.

Looks like I'm ordering.

I constantly recirc with a pump so static readings shouldn't be a problem. All threads worked out compatible I guess?

Cheers for taking the plunge for us there mate :)

Back