• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still at a loss as to how he's able to legally sell them...

And for that price...!

I'm still at a loss as to how he's able to legally sell them...
He's not. He has a disclamer in his add saying its the buyers responsibility for getting them certified, but he's wrong and having a disclaimer doesn't remove his responsibilities.

And there are big fines for selling uncertified devices, and he is legally responsible for any foreseable consequences from the devices failing (if someones house burns down and kills someone - he's up for manslaughter)

I'm just surprised he hasnt been reported and removed yet?

From what I remember, he's been on there for a while selling these units... as you say, he has the disclaimer saying to get them certified, but yea, he's not allowed to legally sell those units due to being uncertified in the first place.

Real dogdy stuff.

THIS GUY seems to have sold a lot of his temp controllers. Are people dumb or just plain stupid? :wacko:
Does CraftBrewer (or whomever makes FridgMates) know he stole their name?

But I assume you are suggesting "Are people dumb or just plain stupid?" because of the price, but if he is a licensed electrician and has all the appropriate approvals, I'd suggest the price is resonable, and it means the thing is 'legal' and does not need to be DIY wired which could potentially be hazardous.

From what I remember, he's been on there for a while selling these units... as you say, he has the disclaimer saying to get them certified, but yea, he's not allowed to legally sell those units due to being uncertified in the first place.

Real dogdy stuff.
From what I understand ESV needs a written complaint before they investigate such things.
I believe such a complaint can be submitted, online.

Real dogdy stuff.
Yeah, if you look at his feedback history he's sold heaps of them. EBay don't care - if he sells them, they make a profit, and if something happens they aren't liable.

Near the disclaimer on the ad there is a website - www.fridgemate.net

The link to the manual looks like he has scanned in the one that comes withthe STC-1000 and photoshopped his logo on to it.

How many laws has he broken? Are we keeping a running tally?

Does CraftBrewer (or whomever makes FridgMates) know he stole their name?

That was the other things that caught my eye.

I cant see the creators of fridgemate being impressed if/when they see that...

How many laws has he broken? Are we keeping a running tally?
I'm guessing he's not registered for GST either - despite the fact the he's clearly operating as a retailer - so add 1 more to the list.

I'm guessing he's not registered for GST either - despite the fact the he's clearly operating as a retailer - so add 1 more to the list.

how on earth did you draw this conclusion ?

why are you making this unsubstantiated allegation ?

are you calling this guy a tax cheat ?

i really hate the tall poppy syndrome that exists in some people

how on earth did you draw this conclusion ?
Lack of an ABN, or any reference to GST in the pricing on his website (both of which are legally required)

are you calling this guy a tax cheat ?
I sure am :D

i really hate the tall poppy syndrome that exists in some people
5896080111_c2b011faf8_z.jpg

Lack of an ABN, or any reference to GST in the pricing on his website (both of which are legally required)

i suggest you brush up on your tax law before posting incorrect statements like this

i suggest you brush up on your tax law before posting incorrect statements like this

My understanding was that an australian online business was required to quote and ABN, and that price lists were required to state that they were inclusive of GST.

More than happy to be corrected and withdraw my statement if i'm incorrect (an applicable reference would be appreciated if possible - so i can update my own knowledge, not to dispute/prove anything.)

Latest posts

Back