• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pok that looks like the same pump head as the two headed one earlier. Both of which look very different from the "normal" 809 that most people use.

And its only rated to 200f (93 deg celsius)

Certainly dusty.. I'm weary of the, "but it appears to be new" comment.
appears?

Yeh that got me two.

I think I will just buy a new one through SpecialK. Not worth the trouble.

Pok

I think I will just buy a new one through SpecialK. Not worth the trouble.

Pok

What is SpecialK? I thought Process Pumps was the cheapest in Aus? Or is ProcessPumps Vic Specific? PP sells@$250 delivered and with mounting gear from what I understand (I haven't made any recent enquiries, however).

I was chatting with citymorgue2 this morning about potentially doing an AHB March809 bulkbuy.. something to entertain, at least.. we just need to find a retailer willing to do a break on #'s. Might have to be VIC specific and pickup only, if shipping is an issue for them. Otherwise, AHB wide :rolleyes:

reVox

What is SpecialK? I thought Process Pumps was the cheapest in Aus? Or is ProcessPumps Vic Specific? PP sells@$250 delivered and with mounting gear from what I understand (I haven't made any recent enquiries, however).

I was chatting with citymorgue2 this morning about potentially doing an AHB March809 bulkbuy.. something to entertain, at least.. we just need to find a retailer willing to do a break on #'s. Might have to be VIC specific and pickup only, if shipping is an issue for them. Otherwise, AHB wide :rolleyes:

reVox

MOVED TO ANOTHER THREAD ...... SEE NEW TOPICS

Hi Everyone

Not sure if I am putting this in the correct place or not, but I found THIS on ebay this morning and thought you brissy folk might be interested.

Renae

Hi Everyone

Not sure if I am putting this in the correct place or not, but I found THIS on ebay this morning and thought you brissy folk might be interested.

Renae

e1ad_1.JPG

Great idea snapping the photo with an "Environmental Incident EMERGENCY response trailer" in the background :p

It's a veritable fire hazard and bargain at a $3500. buy it now, too!

jesus,

reVox

Refractometer (U.S. eBay)
0-32% Brix, etc.
0 bids, $14.99 start, $8 shipping (US Only - not a prob for me). 16 hours to go.

I might grab this, myself.

anybody using one of these VS. the refractometers from local retailers, etc. ?
brix, etc. are the same, should be good, eh?

price is certainly right. heaps of others in that price range, too.

For example, this refractometer ends in 2 hours - is a buy it now of only $22. and $9.95 shipping to Aus.
looks identical to the ones retailers are selling here.

I need one. I saw devo using his today, and that was enough.

reVox

anybody using one of these VS. the refractometers from local retailers, etc. ?
brix, etc. are the same, should be good, eh?

I use a refractometer that's virtually identical to one you posted the link to. Yes, it's okay to use. You won't regret it; I didn't.

The table found in the first post of this thread is invaluable once you get your refractometer.

I use a refractometer that's virtually identical to one you posted the link to. Yes, it's okay to use. You won't regret it; I didn't.

The table found in the first post of this thread is invaluable once you get your refractometer.

Thanks newguy ;)

Thanks mate,

I grabbed one - cheers Revox as well

your better off with a fridgemate from mashmaster cheaper too!

...unless you are not comfortable working with 240V AC, in which case I'd strongly recommend the one on ebay, as it will just plug in and work. The FridgeMate requires doing your own wiring.

If you know your active from your neutral, and have a good grasp of what faults the earth can protect against then the FridgeMate is the way to go. Don't buy the FridgeMate with the intention of just following the instructions: you're likely to fry yourself.

...unless you are not comfortable working with 240V AC, in which case I'd strongly recommend the one on ebay, as it will just plug in and work. The FridgeMate requires doing your own wiring.

If you know your active from your neutral, and have a good grasp of what faults the earth can protect against then the FridgeMate is the way to go. Don't buy the FridgeMate with the intention of just following the instructions: you're likely to fry yourself.

i just followed the instructions, works perfectly.

So you guys think it would be ok to use to control a fridge/freezer?

I am not very skilled electrically and was put off by some prices at home brew shops for similar kit.

i just followed the instructions, works perfectly.

There's a fine line between "works" and "works now, but you only have a week to live". Unforturately, the "instructions" don't include any information on correct grounding procedures, or even how to correctly install the cables.

A knowledgeable person will notice that there is a subtle error even in the most up to date instructions (lets ignore the fact these things were shipping for months with completely incorrect instructions). The error won't stop the thing from working in it's default mode, and won't kill you by itself, but it worries me that people are installing these things by blindly following instructions that they see as authoritative.

Edit: I'd rather see these things ship without a circuit diagram. A detailed description of the pinout would be nice, but if people can't work out how to wire it from a description of the terminals, they shouldn't be wiring it.

Back