• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to that controller...

Am I right in assuming that it's a controller for a Reptile enclosure and the like? If it is, doesn't it turn on the device once the temp drops below the set point? If so, can that particular model be easily switched over to cooling mode or is it a major deal?

Back to that controller...

Am I right in assuming that it's a controller for a Reptile enclosure and the like? If it is, doesn't it turn on the device once the temp drops below the set point? If so, can that particular model be easily switched over to cooling mode or is it a major deal?

Should work fine. Looks like the same thing that some brewers have gotten through Jaycar. If you know someone that is a leco (most people do) grab a MashMaster controller....much nicer looking and has a nice digital read out. Deffinately worth the brew that you mate might want to do it.

Cheers, Pok

P.S. I wired my two Mashmaster controllers up myself and had no issues, they are very easy to build, the hardest bit is getting a nice neat hold cut in the jiffy box for the unit to fit in. If you know the difference between colours (to identify the +, - and ground wires) you should be fine...BUT if you are not confident get someone qualified to do it for you. Don't want anyone zapping themselves.

I don't want it, Pok. I'm happy with my Fridgemates. I also have a couple of Jaycar units, but they are different to that one. You can switch the jaycar units from cooling to heating by opening them up and swapping over a couple of jumpers inside, just wasn't sure if this thermostat had the same feature.

Easy to use simply plug your heating device into the TCU set the required temperature on the dial and plug into a standard 240v outlet.

The Australian Reptiles TCU is a fully self contained temperature control system

It was just those couple of lines that leads me to believe this a heating type thermostat that will switch on a heat source once the temperature drops below the thermostat setting, the opposite that is normally required for a fermenting fridge. Therefore if it can't be turned into a cooling type thermostat relatively easy, it's not really going to be ok at all...

I don't want it, Pok. I'm happy with my Fridgemates. I also have a couple of Jaycar units, but they are different to that one. You can switch the jaycar units from cooling to heating by opening them up and swapping over a couple of jumpers inside, just wasn't sure if this thermostat had the same feature.

Easy to use simply plug your heating device into the TCU set the required temperature on the dial and plug into a standard 240v outlet.

The Australian Reptiles TCU is a fully self contained temperature control system

It was just those couple of lines that leads me to believe this a heating type thermostat that will switch on a heat source once the temperature drops below the thermostat setting, the opposite that is normally required for a fermenting fridge. Therefore if it can't be turned into a cooling type thermostat relatively easy, it's not really going to be ok at all...

Ok I understand now... I didnt really read the stuff on ebay...just scanned it...very breifly :p

Lots and Lots of Grolsch bottles (240 of them)

Here

Starting bid AU $0.99
End time: 20-Apr-08 19:26:31 AEST (6 days 22 hours)
Item location: Dunlop, Canberra, ACT, Australia

Lots and Lots of Grolsch bottles (240 of them)

Here

Starting bid AU $0.99
End time: 20-Apr-08 19:26:31 AEST (6 days 22 hours)
Item location: Dunlop, Canberra, ACT, Australia

They're all closed... they should stink to high heaven!

Back