Dundee India Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2c....

Grabbed a sixer this arvo, not too keen. Really sweet, not hoppy enough, thin mouthfeel. As with a lot of the posts above, next time will get the vale ipa - even with two less bottles its a better buy.

Not my problem. I drink beer as a thing that has a context, a flavour and a balance. If those things work together, the beer works.

If a beer isn't hopped as much as style guidelines would have me believe but I still enjoy the beer, I don't give a rat's arse. Most of my favourite beers skirt around guidelines anyway and guidelines are guidelines (predominantly for comps), not a set of rules.

I'm about to participate in a bjcp study group but jeeze I wish people would relax a bit on the whole style guide stuff. It's one, fairly modern perspective. Beer is old, much older than our attempts to categorise it.

i didn't see this post three months ago but what wise words.

My 2c....

Grabbed a sixer this arvo, not too keen. Really sweet, not hoppy enough, thin mouthfeel. As with a lot of the posts above, next time will get the vale ipa - even with two less bottles its a better buy.

QFT.
That Vale is a corker.

Vale IPA FTW.

It's fast becoming my fave Dan's beer.

Smells fantastic.

Sorry to go OT Clutch - did you ever end up trying to make my APA? I can't remember, it's been so long since we touched base.

Cheers,

Goomba

Wow, those people on ratebeer are kinda dicks about the beers they drink, aren't they?

Yup, but then they are drinkers paying full price, not brewers.

Some of the folks at AHB can also be a bit dicky about the beers they drink.

Latest posts

Back