Dry Hopping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melinda

Reaction score
G'day men,
Can you use hop pellets to dry hop? I make 60L batches, so what would be a recommended amount if you can use pellets?
Thanks
Cadbury

G'day men,
Can you use hop pellets to dry hop? I make 60L batches, so what would be a recommended amount if you can use pellets?
Thanks
Cadbury

Depends on the beer type you're trying to make and the AA of your hops. Personally, I've used about 1.5g/L recently on an IPA with some galaxy and Citra and it's nice and hoppy to my tastes/nose.

does it matter at what stage of fermentation they are added

Vigourous fermentation will drive off some of the compounds so best to add it towards, or at the end of fermentation.

I dry hopped a pale ale in a keg with cascade and found it too over powering, so I possible should have aided the dry hops to the fermenter or secondary and only for a few days, but that just might be me and my pallet (it is learning :) )

But I went to transport Bar satdy night and had a pint of alpha pale ale (well maybe a few I tried as many beers as possible to see what I liked and the alpha was the only one I would go back to) and that was very "strong" on cascade aroma

mmmmm cascade mmmmmmm dry hop..... :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

I'm convinced cascade can do no wrong :)

Latest posts

Back