Dry Hop In Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so - but now you got me wondering - maybe it was one in each - First time I've tried it, so will analyse the plugs once the keg is dry.

cheers Ross

Ross, I've found that 25g of pellets is a little too much to get good saturation too. When I've opened the teaball up again afterwards the hops are still in pellet form, but are just slightly larger than their original size. I think to get the most out of the hop balls its probably best to use a little less hops in each one to make sure they all get saturated.

Ross, I've found that 25g of pellets is a little too much to get good saturation too. When I've opened the teaball up again afterwards the hops are still in pellet form, but are just slightly larger than their original size. I think to get the most out of the hop balls its probably best to use a little less hops in each one to make sure they all get saturated.

Sounds like 1 plug (14gm) or 14gm of pellets is about the mark for a ball then :)

cheers Ross

I have some black fish net stockings would they do ? :blink:
Pumpy

Might work for plugs... :blink:

On a slightly more serious note I dry hopped in the primary with a single plug in one of Ross' tea balls and it was well saturated at the end of the 5 days - couldn't see much more fitting in though.

Pretty grassy going into the keg - I hope that settles with time.

Enoch

Back