Driving Melbourne To Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOULBURN BREWERY?
Doing a search still brings up some stuff on goulburn brewery.
As it's just off the freeway, it'd be good to hear if it's still up and running.

Crikey!

Traditionally, ales did not have hops, though the modern taste seems to require added hops. Our stout does not have hops added so it comprises just the three ingredients. The two ales, however, do have a dash of hops.

Radical brewers. I might try and pop in there on the way down to Canberra for Xmas eve, I think.

EDIT: and it's not just off the freeway, you have to go right into town :(
Google Maps link

Did the Buffalo Brewery,Bintara,Bridge Road,Boynton's and Bright breweries last weekend. Had a great time at them all. Check their websights for times and addresses. You could also go via Jamieson Brewery on the way up. Also closer to Sydney is Scharer's in Picton and Campbelltown Catholic Club (Rydges).

yeah i dropped in to goulburn on a road trip on the way down to the 2003 afl GF and the guy had interesting views on these newfangled hops things that modern brewers adulterate their beers with...

Goulburn Brewery is quite an historical site. Designed by the convict/architect Francis Greenway. There is a maltings there also that is no longer in use.
They do extract brews these days, & they are pretty ordinary. It is also a bit of a home for those who are not having such a great run.
If you don't get there, you haven't missed much.
Cheers
Gerard

Melbourne to Sydney - 9 hours. Don't forget to stop at Albury for fuel, it's easy to miss with the newish bypass.

Save your other pit stops for places in Sydney ... Red Oak, Lord Nelson, St Peters

I've done the Melb <-> Sydney/Canberra drive more times than I care to remember. It'll be good once the NSW RTA finish the road works around Holbrook/Albury all the way up to the Wagga turn off. Something they should have done many, many years ago.

PS: Don't drink and drive, one road trip from Melb to Sydney cost my mates a Hi-Lux ute at the exit from Yass, they'd managed to finish off a slab and a half between three of them. Thankfully they didn't hurt anyone else or themselves. The Yass police were pretty good though, put them on the train to Sydney after they booked the driver :D

Latest posts

Back