Drinkable Or Not?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo007

Reaction score
Just found a batch of beer, buried away in the garage. I think it was brewed about 18 months ago, but not sure.

It has floaties suspended on the glass, i assume from the light, as its only on one side of the bottle.

So is it drinkable, compost, or just used for those mates you don't really want to share your good beer with? kidding.... :p :party:

Cheers all.

Damo

Open, pour into a glass, smell, then taste.

Floaties suspended on glass?

Do you mean a film of yeast on the side of the bottle? Some of my brews show a sediment on the side of the bottle, and only on one side.

This stuff won't rinse out and even scrubbing with a bottle brush takes ages to get it to shift. A soak with PSR does a great job of removing this sediment.

Well I cracked one, plenty of carbonation, crystal (amber) clear, smells good, and tastes okay.

It just leaves a slight soda water taste or feeling in your mouth, or something that i just can't put my finger on.

Yeah I guess it is yeast, but its doesn't look attached to the glass, you move the bottle, and the yeast moves with the liquid.

Latest posts

Back