Dr Tim Cooper Visted My Local

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Had the privilege of meeting Dr Tim Cooper in my local tonight.

He is a very nice bloke, very approachable and really likes his beer

Got talking with him about home brewing, and he was very open about it, and keen to talk

Learnt some interesting facts....

They secondry ferment in the keg at a rate of .5gm/100ml using liquid sugar

None of there beers are primary fermented with sugar

It takes 4 weeks from mash in and secondry fermentation for a keg to be ready

They have been told that secondry fermentation is not possible in kegs by the BIG brewers

The Big brewers use upto 30% sugar in there beers

They have not been able to dry the "Coppers bottle" yeast, but have tried to get a dried yeast with a similare profile

Coopers like home brewers to use their bottle yeast, he even encourages it.

Dr Tim drinks mild ale

They conduct tours of the factory and donate all the money to charity, so far they are up to $1.3m

Up untill 1970, Coopers only made Sparkling alw and Stout

Mild Ale was the personal baby of Dr Tim

Did you ask him about the ethics of homebrew comps and whether he would enter Coopers into a HB comp? I have a feeling he would probably do reasonably well at the state level in the pils and aussie ale categories?

cheers

the_new_darren

Did you ask him about the ethics of homebrew comps and whether he would enter Coopers into a HB comp? I have a feeling he would probably do reasonably well at the state level in the pils and aussie ale categories?

cheers

the_new_darren

You're getting boring dude

Dr_Tim_3.JPG

Attachments

• Dr_Tim.JPG
    Dr_Tim.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Dr_Tim_2.JPG
    Dr_Tim_2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
Mild Ale was the personal baby of Dr Tim
rad. It's my go-to beer when I'm driving & need to count drinks. I gave one to a mate and his response was along the lines of, "bloody hell, that's a midstrength? Coopers eh, they can do no wrong."

Agreed - Coopers mild rocks :chug:

Tim was very happy sign a shirt, he is acually on holidays, ( being shown around by the local coopers rep )

He was actullay suprised how well Coopers has been taken up in the area

Im full of praise of Coopers beers.

Not too sure on Coopers clear though (but hey thats a beer made by a brewer who has beeen forced to make a "clear" beer)

Anyone remember when you could walk into Adelaide Malting and buy a sack (25kg) of "ale malt" for $16? and get a tour of the malthouse?

cheers

the_new_darren

Im full of praise of Coopers beers.

Not too sure on Coopers clear though (but hey thats a beer made by a brewer who has beeen forced to make a "clear" beer)

Anyone remember when you could walk into Adelaide Malting and buy a sack (25kg) of "ale malt" for $16? and get a tour of the malthouse?

cheers

the_new_darren

Darren, you're a farkin idiot.

You can carry on crying about how hard up you are, but stop being a sook and get a life!

A few different usernames gives a fair indication champion.

The dude ruined a perfectly good tshirt. :blink: You better get a new one from the Bulk Buy.

Seriously, cool to bump into him an have a chat

Darren, you're a farkin idiot.

You can carry on crying about how hard up you are, but stop being a sook and get a life!

A few different usernames gives a fair indication champion.

Yeaaah Maaate,

Your name is Aus_Rider_22 or is that just your internet alias?

good on ya champ

It would have been a good day at the bar. I love talking beer with brewers and getting their take on things. Interesting about the keg conditioning. I would love to hear about their reasons.

Glad Coopers are doing well over east too. They are a good beer and deserve it. Just grew their brewery, so I hope it's needed.

:icon_offtopic:

You're getting boring dude

+11

It would have been a good day at the bar. I love talking beer with brewers and getting their take on things. Interesting about the keg conditioning. I would love to hear about their reasons.

Glad Coopers are doing well over east too. They are a good beer and deserve it. Just grew their brewery, so I hope it's needed.

+11

Snore

"Glad Coopers are doing well over east too. They are a good beer and deserve it. Just grew their brewery, so I hope it's needed."

WTF

Hey Tamsin. Please say something about brewing without being in total agreeance of the masses. Otherwise you too become boring!!

+11

+ ∞

:ph34r:

Hatchy is dying to run into Dr Tim again so he can remind him to put the hops in the Clear. :blink:

Snore

"Glad Coopers are doing well over east too. They are a good beer and deserve it. Just grew their brewery, so I hope it's needed."

WTF

Hey Tamsin. Please say something about brewing without being in total agreeance of the masses. Otherwise you too become boring!!

Jag...

Latest posts

Back