Dr Smurto's Golden Ale Modifications

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wealsy22

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been doing a bit of reading about this beer and the last recipe I found was;

1 can Coopers Lager
1 can Coopers Wheat Malt
250g crystal (caramalt, caramunich, carabohemian, light/medium english crystal)
20g Amarillo @ 15 and 0 (sometimes listed as 15g @ 10, 5 and dry hop, i prefer the former)
US-05
Topped up to 20L (not 23L)

This would be my first time adding crystal and hops, so any advice would be much appreciated.

My LHBS doesn't stock Coopers, so was wondering if anyone had tried with a Blackrock Lager + Blackrock Wheat Malt?

Sorry if its been covered before, it's just that I'd like to go into the LHBS and have a look around rather than order from coopers and sit around waiting!

Cheers.

wealsy22 said:
Hey guys, I've been doing a bit of reading about this beer and the last recipe I found was;

1 can Coopers Lager
1 can Coopers Wheat Malt
250g crystal (caramalt, caramunich, carabohemian, light/medium english crystal)
20g Amarillo @ 15 and 0 (sometimes listed as 15g @ 10, 5 and dry hop, i prefer the former)
US-05
Topped up to 20L (not 23L)

This would be my first time adding crystal and hops, so any advice would be much appreciated.

My LHBS doesn't stock Coopers, so was wondering if anyone had tried with a Blackrock Lager + Blackrock Wheat Malt?

Sorry if its been covered before, it's just that I'd like to go into the LHBS and have a look around rather than order from coopers and sit around waiting!

Cheers.
If you're comfortable boiling for 60 minutes I'd be pretty tempted to just use unhopped light malt extract then do a 60 minute addition of a nice clean bittering hop of your choosing to the right IBU's, if you're already doing a 20 minute addition it'd be good practice imo :)

Latest posts

Back