Dortmunder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok , so if you brew a very close clone of DAB export and enter it into a Australian competition as a Dortmunder using BJCP guidelines how will it go?
A lot of home brewers consider it to have more in common with a Pils which is why I put the question forward.

The country tit for tat thing is always good fun especially when it involves Germany.
Luckily Pale Malt took off thanks to the Pale Ale revolution in England which allowed the Germans to cotton onto the idea of Pale malt too.
Don't get me wrong Zwickel I love great beers and all styles despite the Country of origin or the origin of the brewer.

Anyone have an IBU:GU ratio for the Dortmunder.

Cheers, Hoges.

Don't get me wrong Zwickel I love great beers and all styles despite the Country of origin or the origin of the brewer.
no worries mate, we just talk about beer :beer:

the main differenc between Lager and Pilsener beers is the usage of hops. Pilsener beers became the Queen of all beers (over here in Europe), because it is brewed with more expensive hops. Pilsener is brewed with almost twice as much hops than Lager beers.

Cheers

I can see that looking at this years AABC 2009 style guidelines that it considers DAB as an example of the style. That answers my question.

In BCS Jamils IBU/SG works out to be .515. Maybe someone could double check that.

In BCS Jamils IBU/SG works out to be .515. Maybe someone could double check that.

I am always interested in getting my BU:GU ratio in the right ball park. I found this site HomeMash which has numerous styles with the BU:GU ratio said to be worked out from the Daniels formula. Can't say that it is perfect but seems to give reasonable parameters to aim at.

Cheers, Hoges.

Latest posts

Back