Don Burke's New Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks insane, nice clean blingy as brewery. Good work man.

nice! so what's not level - the paving or the stand? ;)

some updates to the brewery today, the cooling coil/herms coils is done and installed in the kettle

also have a cover for the march pump to stop fluids dripping on it

the coil is 24 metres of 6mm ID 8mm OD stainless pipe,

tap water flowing through the coil is exiting at 4 litres per minute

the march pump can push just under 1 litre per minute through the coil

THE COIL INSIDE THE KETTLE
IMG_2640.JPG

TWO MORE BALL VALVES TO CONTROL FLOW THROUGH THE COIL
IMG_2646.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

MARCH PUMP COVER
IMG_2654.JPG

some updates to the brewery today, the cooling coil/herms coils is done and installed in the kettle

also have a cover for the march pump to stop fluids dripping on it

the coil is 24 metres of 6mm ID 8mm OD stainless pipe,

tap water flowing through the coil is exiting at 4 litres per minute

the march pump can push just under 1 litre per minute through the coil

View attachment 45044

TWO MORE BALL VALVES TO CONTROL FLOW THROUGH THE COIL
View attachment 45045

View attachment 45046

MARCH PUMP COVER
View attachment 45047

Wanna swap?

Don,

Why didn't you go for counterflow chiller outside of the kettle?
Your going to have to stir the wort for effective chiling now (read pain in the ass).
You will also need a pressure cleaner to clean that coil too.
gf

Why didn't you go for counterflow chiller outside of the kettle?

the coil doubles as a herms coil, i'll pump mash liquor through it whilst heating the water in the kettle, i'm trying to integrate things

Your going to have to stir the wort for effective chiling now (read pain in the ass).

i'll let the march pump do that, there is a whirlpool re-entry that will recirculate the wort whilst chilling

You will also need a pressure cleaner to clean that coil too.

thats the next project, but in the meantime a warm soak in napisan or pbw will do the trick

the coil doubles as a herms coil, i'll pump mash liquor through it whilst heating the water in the kettle, i'm trying to integrate things

i'll let the march pump do that, there is a whirlpool re-entry that will recirculate the wort whilst chilling

thats the next project, but in the meantime a warm soak in napisan or pbw will do the trick

Good luck with the recirculation, avoid using whole hops. Napisan or PBW with corrode the stainless overtime.
gf

hopscreen

Dont use pellets then, but I guess you must know what your doing given your capital outlay :icon_cheers:

should i order some spares incase the napisan dissolves the coil ?

hehehe. Might as make the same mistake twice I :rolleyes:

hopscreen

Dont use pellets then, but I guess you must know what your doing given your capital outlay :icon_cheers:

should i order some spares incase the napisan dissolves the coil ?

hehehe. Might as make the same mistake twice I :rolleyes:

its all getting too hard, life was so much simpler when using the tinned stuff

OK. Bet a stuck recirculation first go.
GF

PS: If you are referring to corrosion due to chlorine on stainless, sure the tubing will last 20 years before it is corroded "all the way though". Pitting of the stainless will happen almost immediately. Great place for spoilage organisms to hide.

PS: If you are referring to corrosion due to chlorine on stainless, sure the tubing will last 20 years before it is corroded "all the way though". Pitting of the stainless will happen almost immediately. Great place for spoilage organisms to hide.

It depends on what grade stainless has been used. I believe 316 grade is fairly resistant to chlorine corrosion.

The pots look like "cooking grade" to me. I presume that the chlorine-based cleaners are going to applied on a "fill" basis?
gf

Latest posts

Back