Don Burke's New Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly couldn't condone you take all necessary steps to Cover Your Arse (tm) from libel or defamation in a public forum.

And I certainly wouldn't suggest you post this information anonymously in this thread from a new, throwaway account.

And it would be completely paranoid of me, not to mention negligent, if I mentioned the use of open wi-fi access points in cafe's nowadays.

yes name the *rick, have you a receipt, i doubt it, he obviously does this quite often, ring him up and tell him you have been to the police and they recomended you give him 2 weeks to make things right otherwise the police will be around to question him and you will be laying charges,i hate hearing these stories of these *ock heads, especially when they rip us homebrewers off, dont give in go for him,you know where he lives , put a rock through his window :icon_chickcheers: .
fergi

I certainly couldn't condone you take all necessary steps to Cover Your Arse (tm) from libel or defamation in a public forum.

And I certainly wouldn't suggest you post this information anonymously in this thread from a new, throwaway account.

And it would be completely paranoid of me, not to mention negligent, if I mentioned the use of open wi-fi access points in cafe's nowadays.
[/quote

what part is defamatory about his post,the *rick has taken his money and stuffed him around while not delivering his goods, i have a short fuse and i can tell you if it was my $800 THAT would work out to be $200 per broken limb, lets not start letting these scumbag ferrals off by letting them get away with this sort of action, the law is there to be used against these ferrals, make him wish he had done the right thing by you,.rant finished. :icon_vomit:

name and shame i say

yep name the bastered

Hey Don, Sorry to hear about your troubles...... I hate it when someone screws around with the "little people / small guy"! My old boss used to do it all the time (not like what has happened to you), and shitted me to tears.... So when i resigned i reported him to the ATO and Workplace health and safety (jokes on him now :icon_cheers: )

I definetly say "Name and Shame"! Dont let other Homebrewers/Hobbyists make the same mistake you have.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

_wallace_

Why did you have to go and spoil the Don fantasy by telling us your not 'the don''. Your setup is pretty impressive mate, the cash outlay seems a tad full on but im sure it will last forever. So your in the shits with the two Ronnies too?

Burp !

Take to him with a pair of Felco 2's. In fact, you can use mine, they haven't been sharpened in a while, and might have some surface rust.

ED: I agree with the above, you had the best handle going, I say retract your denial and leave it all mysterious again.

i trusted that he was referred by my local LHBS that i have been a good customer of for the last 2 years

Who is your local HB shop if youre in Leichhardt?

is it appropriate to name the crook here, to avoid any fellow forum members having the same problem i had ?

Absolutely. Never be afraid to speak the truth.

Name and shame dude. I'm just down the road from Leichardt and I don't want to be duped by this a$$wipe too.

Name and shame...and maybe we can all ring up and order some stuff made...and then cancel the order :ph34r:

Name & shame the asshole.
Judging by your story, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't take any action against you for making us all aware of his professionalism.
I'd say he'd be digging a hole for himself if he went down the legal route & opening up a can o worms on himself that he'd probably rather avoid.
I get shat on all the time & I'm god damn sick of it. Everyone seems to be an asshole these days until proving themselves otherwise, it used to be the other way round.
I will never, ever get anything done after I've paid for it, it just opens the door for these slackers to do your job at their leisure & make every excuse under the sun as to why you haven't got what you have paid for. Competition for business is cut throat these days so shop around & tell them exactly what you want & give them a $100.00 deposit. If that's not what they want, adios buddy & find someone else.

Hope it works out for ya mate. :beerbang:

+1 name and shame - Im just about to buy all grain equipment and only have enough cash if it all runs smoothly - If this happened to me my all grain brewing would be delayed as is yours. This service is appaling - I would actually report to ACCC.

You're between a rock and a hard place now unfortunately, Don.
The brewers want you to decide the lesser of two evils?

A wrap on the knuckles from Admin for a violation of terms and conditions?
...or a bad conscience if someone else gets bitten by the same person(s)/situation?

Regardless, I hope the family friend fixes up your gear good and proper first time around.
Keep that chin up high mate! :icon_cheers:

to fix LHBS..complain to health department you found wevils in grain or rat dropings on the shelves..Then there's ACCC ..

I have deleted my post,

I will re-post my experience with this tradesman, and keep it factual, to allow fellow members to draw their own conclusions

I will seek approval from admin to post the name of the tradesman, so as to not violate terms and conditions

My lawyer friend told me this would be a better way of informing my fellow brewers of my experience with this tradesman

I'll keep you updated

Thanks

I have deleted my post,

I will re-post my experience with this tradesman, and keep it factual, to allow fellow members to draw their own conclusions

I will seek approval from admin to post the name of the tradesman, so as to not violate terms and conditions

My lawyer friend told me this would be a better way of informing my fellow brewers of my experience with this tradesman

I'll keep you updated

Thanks

Hey donburke - I am still keen to know where your LHBS is if you're in Leichhardt. Not to avoid him, to buy, just as I am near there during the week.

Back