Domestic Power Supply

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I'm only a first year Sparky Apprentice, so WTF would I know! (answer: not much.....yet)

I don't work on HV anyway. 500V and less for me :)

Cheers
:icon_offtopic:
Not trying to be a smart arse and no disrespect intended, but domestic/commercial and most industrial 3 phase supplys are still considered LV anything below 1000V AC is LV. 3 phase is 415V AC or it has supposed to change to 400V AC but I am yet to see it that low.
Just a bit of info for a future tradesman!

cheers
ampy

Yep, you're correct, 1000V. Duh. Was a late night for me when I posted that!

What I meant was I don't do any overhead supply work (ie: 11kV, or 25kV such as in the rail corridor).

Cheers

Yep, you're correct, 1000V. Duh. Was a late night for me when I posted that!

What I meant was I don't do any overhead supply work (ie: 11kV, or 25kV such as in the rail corridor).

Cheers

Sydney rail runs at 1500VDC.

Still technically LV albeit the upper end of the LV window for DC.

Sparkies

As I'm an industrial electrician I have no understanding of residential supplies, how hard is it to convince esv to connect a 3 phase supply to my new place? It is right out the front , overhead.

Or a what are the amp limits on single phase mains?

Don't believe there are any restrictions as such in terms of how much you can have..

Just the stock ones ie over 100/phase must be CT metered etc. Edit: (This applies in NSW according to the NSW Installation guidelines.. VIC may well be different)

A typical new installation is run in with 16mm Con mains.. Not sure the current carrying capacity, but if you have your AS3008 nearby it'll tell you.

Just put a breaker rated lower than the incoming cable's CCC and you're good to go...

Roughly 80ish Amps I think you can get away with mate..

Hope this helps.

Back