Do Fermenters Fit In A Bar Fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I've decided to go with a full size fridge. Next question - is it hard to hook up a temperature controller? Looking at the steps and discussions online for a Fridgemate I'm seriously concerned. I've got to be the most mechanically uninclined guy of all time. Is it as complex as it looks? Maybe best just to hire a sparky to do it?

Nah man, seriously, it's a piece of cake. There are a few good shots of the wiring in some threads kicking around here that helped me wire up both of mine.

HUGE DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN. THIS IS NOT EXPERT ADVISE. CONSULT A QUALIFIED PERSON IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WORKING WITH 240V MAINS POWER.

It's not that complex but the warnings are there for a reason. If you don't think you can handle it then its probably best to get a professional or someone who has done it before to help you out.

I have a 30L fermenter that just fits.

Had to prop up the shelf with bricks and wood to support the weight. I also carefully removed the freezer section and moved to the rear.

Originally i ran with gladwrap over the top, however I recently bought a brigalow fermenter and grindered the base down and also narrowed it so its shorter and fits in the grommet snuggly. Working a treat atm!

photo.JPG

Latest posts

Back