DIY Dog - recipes for every brewdog beer ever made

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working in an office does have its benefits.

20160226_090314.jpg

BrutusB said:
How will you put the tabs to use?
Place them on brewed recipes with notes is the intention, however they will probably stay at the back of the document and the pages will be scribbled over with illegible drunken ravings.

Just me, or when you plug some of these recipes into BeerSmith, do the OG's in the software not match the recipes (or come close)?

It'll differ as your system will have a different efficiency than theirs. So long as you have your system set up in beer smith, enter the recipe as is (grain and hops) then use the scaling function to set the og to the right number keeping ibus constant.

Awesome gift from The Dogs. A bit of a shame IBU wasn't given instead of grams, or both would have helped.
Without AA%, IBU or time addition it throws a bit of guesswork into the mix - still a great booklet.

We should host a brewdog down under brewing comp. Select three beers from the catalogue and invite brewdog to judge the comp, winners get to brew that beer with them at a local brewery or something awesome like that!!

mofox1 said:
Seen a few things that don't add up so far.

Like no mention of the rhubarb in their rhubarb saison.

Grain of salt. But great resource none the less.
Yep. Another example being Santa Paws - "brewed with Scottish heather honey"....no honey in the recipe....
Will still be able to try and brew it, then decide if honey is actually needed

Wort said:
I'm surprised that they seem to be single step mash's, only the last few have a few steps. They have a 0.5% beer in there. Bloody brilliant document.
Edit: I was expecting a mash out and maybe a stop at 72 for a little extra head considering they use just pale Ale malt in some of their recipes.
similarly if you listen to Jamil when he discusses their Heretic brewing setup on any of the Brewing Network podcasts he often says that all their recipes are done as a single step mash

This is seriously great. My recipes to try list gets longer every time I look at it. Also I'm going down to my local to buy a few of their beers to say thanks!

whose up to try the 'Fake Fix Double IPA'
theoretical 198 IBU in a 3.5% ABV beer

Spiesy said:
Awesome gift from The Dogs. A bit of a shame IBU wasn't given instead of grams, or both would have helped.
Without AA%, IBU or time addition it throws a bit of guesswork into the mix - still a great booklet.
the IBU's are up the top each page

xenon2000 said:
the IBU's are up the top each page
He means IBUs per addition - giving additions in grams means you are guessing the AA% of the hops they used.

BrutusB said:
Amazingly bold move! Suppose any buy-out offers would be off the table for a couple of years at least with this (not that they'd probably be interested)
I think it will make them even more of a target. With thousands upon thousands of page likes in the last 24 hours, every hobby brewer and enthusiastic beer drinker in the world that never heard of brewdog is now talking about them and buying their beer. I wouldn't be surprised if every stockis outside of the uk sells out!!

Back