DIY - Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilvia

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share this little project I put together a month or so back. Got inspired after looking at the WilliamsWarn unit and thought I could make something similar myself.

I figured the top off of a Grolsch bottle was a good start for the seal. It also had a large enough center to drill for the 6mm beer line to pass through and a 1.5mm hole for a PRV. The frame was bent up from 3mm aluminium sheet. I used stainless threaded rod to hold the platform and used springs to provide a seal. A mate at work 3D printed some bushes for the threaded rod to go through the top sheet. I've used 2 JG valves and a JG Y-piece to provide CO2 and beer. Depending on how the PRV is set, takes around 40 seconds to fill.

Price cost me $70 all up for everything including the aluminium cut to size and bent. Can definitely recommend going down this path for the cost.

IMG_2399.png

IMG_2400.png

Nice work, I have had the same idea for a bottle filler (minus the frame) after using the keg king gun and not hating it. Do you have any close up shots of the cap and PVR?

Here's a close up of the seal. The one on the top is what I've used. I tapped the small hole for the PRV but at the moment I'm just using a stainless steel nut to act as a valve and tighten or loosen it depending on the beer flow into the bottle.

IMG_2333.JPG

Back