ANOTHER Braumeister inspired system

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a free day to brew. The new lid and seal was a huge success! That combined with the mesh over the pump outlet meant not a single bit of grain escaped my malt pipe.

In fact the only issue I had in the brew today was the malt pipe somehow locked into the cam lock in the urn and I couldn't get it out. After lots of swearing, smashing around, splashing wort over the sides and huge frustration, I got it out. I think it's time to take the arms off the cam lock because I nearly lost the whole batch.

The only thing I would do if I had the right tools is cut out the middle of the bottom vege tray so that it's just the rim with the mesh sandwiched between the two trays and leave the top tray as is. Grain gets wedged between the bottom tray and mesh which makes clean up a pain without taking it apart.

If you do get a couple of husks stuck between the mesh screens is that a big problem? I mean if you only have about 5 husks in there would it make a difference to anything? Disassemble and clean it once every 5 to 10 brews I say

It's more like 200 than 2 but I don't think it's s big issue. It's not too hard to dismantle with the wing nuts

I only brew once every few weeks so the extra 5 minutes it will take me to dismantle the two plates is no big deal to me.
Will hopefully be off to Whitworths this Saturday to grab an extra veggie plate and some stainless screws.
And perhaps some thingamebobs and dohickeys to build something to lift the malt pipe. My current "armstrong" method is not the safest.

Well, I built mine and have put 2 batches through it. A winner!! Nice idea xredwood

Only used the extra seal on my last batch as I was forcing the issue with 6.3kgs grain in my system. A bad decision: wort fountains, popped my bottom seal three times, stuck recirculation, etc, etc...

Will stick to my max grain 5.75kgs.

Back