DIY Control Panel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not be helpful at the moment but I would take the majority of what the Americans do and throw it in the bin.

Design mostly finalised.
Guy at Jaycar was good at explaining relays etc. That was the most confusing. Will get my electrician to check it before use. Now just waiting for ll those goodies from eBay to arrive...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Will be using these contactors as relays.
One per heating element and one for mains input.

image.jpg

They will work fine. Contactors operate the same as a relay only more heavy duty as far as I can tell. I use relays for my pumps as they are not switched often and are very low current draw. I use contactors for heaters where they are high current draw. Much of a muchness, hey both operate in the same way.

I used a 23 mm Sutton metal drill bit for the holes and a Dremel cutting disc for the PID holes. Smoothed off the filings with a stone dremel filing bit. Two coats of primer, 2 coats of black paint and two coats of clear varnish. The clear varnish is excellent as it lets me wipe down the panel really easily.

That's an amazing achievement for someone who didn't know much about electrics just a month ago. Kudos and good luck with it. :super:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1436156739.456698.jpg

Panel on its first run.
I got an electrician to check it prior to using it. After he checked it he asked me if he could take a photo of it to show his wife. LOL.
It sure makes brew day alot easier and fun.

Latest posts

Back