Dislexic Bloke Confused For Drunk And Ejected From Pub

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a pub I wouldn't let anyone in wearing a ford/holden shirt or someone wearing a port power top...yeah, I know, they aren't drunk they have a special condition...but hey, you can't always be sure.

Getting back to the article...

anyone read this part:

I was given a fine last year, $2500 for a guy who drank a pint and half over two and half hours,

WTF?

anyone read this part:

I was given a fine last year, $2500 for a guy who drank a pint and half over two and half hours,

WTF?

You obviously don't know the law...you can't have a patron in your premise that is drunk, or making a piss poor effort at getting drunk. :lol:

anyone read this part:

"I was given a fine last year, $2500 for a guy who drank a pint and half over two and half hours,"

WTF?

Ahh yes... but you are assuming he hadn't consumed anything before that pint and a half... and by consumed I mean drank/snorted/injected/swallowed. He may have only had a little bit of slurred speech when he walked in, but he may have drank a bottle of Jack or snorted three lines in the carpark within the last 30 minutes...

Let me get this straight... being relatively new to the country and not having been embroiled in too many altercations in bars that I might learn the hard way...

You're saying that if I enter a pub, stone cold sober and enjoy a pint and a half over two hours it's illegal because I'm drinking too slowly?

No.. the guy claimed in the article that he was fined $2500. He then states that the guy only had a pint and a half in two and a half hours, at his establishment. If he was fined $2500 for irresponsible service of alcohol, I imagine the guy in question had had a skinful somewhere else and had convinced security staff to let him in and gave the authorities reason to fine the establishment.

I think everyone's missing the point here. Not the blokes that have posted in this thread so much as anyone who believes in responsible service of alcohol being a publican's responsibility. Is it really that hard to finish a beer & think "I'm bloody blind, I could go a water". What happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions? It's tools who can't handle their booze & don't know when to stop that ruin it for everyone. This probably isn't my most articulate post here but it's 12:30 & I'm drunk. I'm not bashing my missus though & I'm wearing enclosed shoes (not steal caps). I'm not sure if I'll finish this beer & go to bed or if I'll irresponsibly pour another.

Irresponsible service of alcohol isn't the bartenders fault, it's the customers fault & if more people accepted responsibility for their actions we wouldn't have these sorts of situations.

How about fast food places implement a similar policy & say "sorry Hatchy, you look like yr carrying a couple of kilos, you'll have to get that waistline under control before we can sell you a pie".

To cut a long story short, it's rubbish that a bloke can't get a beer because of a disability. I've been to bars blind dozens of times & been served because I can mutter "a pint please" ceherently.

& as far as boat people go, I reckon that's great. My great grandparents that weren't born here came here by boat. Thanks to the Kaurna people for looking after this place while you waited for me to get here.

Yeah its always someone or something elses fault.
The alcohol made me do it sir....

People fail to know their own limits - so we end up with the nanny state.

Warning - long irrelevant OT story.

Last time I went to the espy I was told by two of the six bouncers they had working that I would not be able to wear my safety capped work boots into the venue.

Nothing to do with dress code - the reason, clearly explained was 'there's been a lot of glassings'.

Taking my boots from me might help the situation if ;

a. You are a ******* moron

AND

b. You stop serving beer and RTDs etc, inside the venue in pots made from glass and glass bottles.

I would have happily said 'get fucked' and gone home but the lady was pretty keen to see a band that doesn't play in Melbourne very often.
Obviously you can't enter a venue with no shoes so following the suggestion from the security guys, we went to the two local supermarkets looking for footwear. The only thing available from one of the two was a pair of open fluffy furry slippers around size 6. This fits in with a thread about dyslexia because I actually read it upside down as '9' and thought that wouldn't be too bad (I'm 10.5).

Half my foot was outside the shoe - they were basically unwearable. I put them on at the door then wandered around in socks for the remainder of the evening while in the band room. Somehow open shoes in a crowded inner city venue on a Saturday night is more appropriate than enclosed boots for patron safety.

I guess I didn't glass anyone that evening so they must be onto something.

May not go there ever again unless Tom Waits does a surprise show in the Green Room for $10 cover charge.

I would have rang up or sent a letter to management about this incident.
Maybe they would apologise and offer you a free beer :) :)

Latest posts

Back