Dextrose Amount For Odd Bottle Sizes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezza79

Reaction score
hello all.

lately i have been getting hold of some different bottles for throwing leftovers in after kegging.
normally i just use tallies with 2 drops in them which is ok as they are added to a standard size, but now im going to use different sizes i am chasing some kind of calculator or method of working out this ratio, i will be using dextrose as i was given 25kg of this the day before i began doing all grain!

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

jeremy.

Do a search for a bulk priming calculator and work out the amount of sugar per litre/ml/whatever of beer and go from there down scaling for your particular bottle size. If you can't be bothered, 9g dextrose per litre of beer should be just fine.

Really depends on what style of beer and what volumes you are going for..

here is the link to the bullk priming calculator but since you are not doing a whole batch you will have to scale it down with the maths...

I believe drops are between 3-4g each (from memory), when I used them I found 1 to be enough for up to about 500ml bottles (and way too much for 375) so personally id go for about 3.5g per 500ml max, if you like em lower carbed drop it down to 3g / 500ml

Yob

hello all.

lately i have been getting hold of some different bottles for throwing leftovers in after kegging.
normally i just use tallies with 2 drops in them which is ok as they are added to a standard size, but now im going to use different sizes i am chasing some kind of calculator or method of working out this ratio, i will be using dextrose as i was given 25kg of this the day before i began doing all grain!

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

jeremy.

Hey mate you may be interested in this method: https://sites.google.com/site/goatherder/bulkpriming

also here is a thread discussing the topic : http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=44202

Latest posts

Back