Designer Spreadsheet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philired1

Reaction score
Hi all. I have downloaded the latest version 1.3 of the BIAB spreadsheet. As i do not have Microsoft Office i am using Open Office of Libre office. The problem i am having is that i can not use any of the buttons (get recipe, save recipe and so on). Also the glass does not show any color content when i add grains. I have attached a recipe.

Cheers

Phil

View attachment BIAB_Beer_Designer_v1.3.xls

Sounds about right, you're opening a Micro$oft generated document with software not written by Micro$oft. Someone here may have a solution but generally you have to use MS Office to get all the Excel bits to run properly.

Hi Phil

As far as I know neither of my spreadsheets will work fully with Libre or Open Office. A number of aspects use VBA macros which I understand are not included in LO or OO.

The spreadsheets should work with any version of Microsoft Office from 2003 onwards.

cheers

Ian

yochris77 said:
The buttons work using VBA macros. Not sure how that transfers over to OO
From what I understand macros are available in other products like OO and googlesheets but they won't translate directly accross from excel, they need to be rewritten.

You can install Office 2010 (legitimately) without a key. It just means that after the trial expires, it'll nag you to buy one each time you open it. Nothing illegal about it.

Latest posts

Back