Deciding between Perlick taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incidentally, I contacted Cheeky Peak and they could not give me a date but are estimating the 650SS to come in about 3 weeks. Please don't quote me, Jezza was non-committal. Just thought there may be some interested parties on this forum.

That might be cutting it a little fine for me. I have a party in 4 weeks (the party was the catalyst to finally setting up a kegging system).

I got my Perlick 630ss from The Beer Tap Store. Shipping was exxy but figured it was worth it.

Ordered my Perlick 650SS from Adventures in Homebrewing on the 8/8/14 after following leighaus link and they arrived today, I’ll install them on Friday when I get home so will test then. Thanks leighaus :icon_cheers:

Out of interest, how much are these 650ss costing you guys, posted?

Our roto-v flow controls cost us just a smudge over a hundred bucks a pop posted from the US in a lot of 10 and they were here in 3 days from being posted. The taps are professional quality and pouring is really smooth. I know TP got involved in another lot of them out of qld, he might have a comment.

They're the kegking type and the first ones I had. The flow controls aren't very effective and you'll need a somewhat balanced beer line anyway. Don't get me wrong they're ok but still a cheap tap. You'd be better off buying a cheap bronco tap to get you by while you budget for perlicks or similar. Trust me you won't regret it.
I used the beer tap store for my 545pc's and got them in less than a week.
Make sure you get decent ss shanks too.

I should throw in the taps I was talking about back there were the Perlick 545 FC (flow control)

Items Purchased:

C325-0650 Perlick 650SS flow control faucet
Price: $49.94

Qty: 2

Total amount: $145.63 US = $156.36 AU today

Edit to add AU$

:) nice job. I also got a SS growler filler in my purchase that fits direct on the 650ss for the takeaways .

practicalfool said:
Our roto-v flow controls cost us just a smudge over a hundred bucks a pop posted from the US in a lot of 10 and they were here in 3 days from being posted. The taps are professional quality and pouring is really smooth. I know TP got involved in another lot of them out of qld, he might have a comment.
I was part of a Roto-v bulk buy of 10 that arrived last February & like PF says, they are a truly excellent tap no doubt about that. :beerbang:
In retrospect it would have been slightly cheaper to import in 2 x 5-tap packages thus dodging import duty but can't complain about the quality at a touch under AU$130 per tap delivered.

PF --- I like those colour-coded handles of yours. :icon_cheers:

Kegerator 2 .JPG

Back