Decent Thermometer In Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prawned

Reaction score
Well i am planning on the first AG on sunday morning.. But have just found out my thermometer is really crap, I had a full kettle of water on the boil and it was reading 80c. So i kinda thought i will need something a bit better than this for mashing. Can anyone tell me where i can get a half decent one at a low price in brisbane? Maybe just one of them stick ones would do? But where do they come from?

cheers guys

Ricky

Vet`s thermo`s are good but whatever you do don`t get a second hand one from them. :(

stagga.

try one of those milk frothing thermometers (available from any cooking store), thats what i use for checking all my temps. they are good coz they are really quick to give a temp. they only go up to 100 degrees, but if your beer is warmer than that, there is a problem

Probably a bit late, but Craftbrewer sell a good cheap (around $12) digital thermometer (although I just checked the price, and they're showing no stock :( ). I'm sure if you ask nicely, there'll be someone close that has one you could borrow. You're welcome to borrow mine, if you feel like driving to Ipswich today.

I bought a digital one like a meat probe at dick smiths for about $15.

Go to Jaycar, they have a digital stick thermometer for $20 that is water resistant. You'll be dunking it under if even it's unintentional.

I went to the HB shop on ipswich road at annerly, got a stick thermometer and a digital one both for $35 :D First AG is in the process right now! Just up to the boil.. turned away for 2 seconds and when it reached boiling it kinda boiled over.. but all is under control now, first hop addition has just been added. Brewing aarons best! smells wonderful so far

by the way, thanks for the offer Bonj :)

I think all went well.. Mash temp was spot on, got the amount of liquid i wanted/needed. looks and smells quite tasty, and shall find out what the OG is in the morning (hopefully it is spot on too) with only a few minor stuff ups my first AG seemed to be all good! should have slowed down on the beers though, pretty shitfaced right now after cleanup :) but it was a lot of fun! and really cant wait for the next one!

The Mashmaster thermo's are good. Nice big dial that is easy too read

Latest posts

Back