Dead yeast? Can i re-pitch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tussiner

Reaction score
So i made a belgium ipa following the same steps ive always taken. Pitched yeast and nothing has happened for 6 days. I figure the yeast is dead. I am wondering if i can throw in another pack of yeast. Or will my wort be ruined already?

So i made a belgium ipa following the same steps ive always taken. Pitched yeast and nothing has happened for 6 days. I figure the yeast is dead. I am wondering if i can throw in another pack of yeast. Or will my wort be ruined already?
Have you taken hydrometer readings? What yeast was it which you pitched? Just about the only thing that will kill yeast stone dead is pitching at a high temperature.

Have you taken hydrometer readings? What yeast was it which you pitched? Just about the only thing that will kill yeast stone dead is pitching at a high temperature.

Will take a reading in the morning and see if its started. I used m41 belgium ale yeast. And it was a high temp when i pitched but not over 28c i believe

So hydrometer reading 1011 so must have a leak in my fermenter somewhere. If it reads the same tomorrow i will dry hop then bottle on monday. (Is 10 days enough?) Thanks mate should of thought about taking hydro reading

Latest posts

Back