Dead Ssr

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee that was hard...

are they zero switching?...do you mean latching?..no I mean zero switching...why?...because EMI is an issue for me...but it isn't for me...I suggest you pay top dollar for a detailed spec sheet.

Ask a simple question...

Ever thought of going into politics BN, you dodge a simple question like the best of them!

Is it a zero crossing SSR; yes or no? Answer I don't know

BTW I don't need to pay top dollar to buy a SSR that comes with a proper spec sheet

kirem,

you sound fairly handy with electronics you could get this it has four 40A triacs with zero crossing circuitry and optocoupled
been thinking of getting one to play around with someone else on this forum has one a posted the link a while back.

kirem,

you sound fairly handy with electronics you could get this it has four 40A triacs with zero crossing circuitry and optocoupled
been thinking of getting one to play around with someone else on this forum has one a posted the link a while back.

WOW I have an application just waiting for something like that to come along, thanks matho

Or make something like this. Not so much for switching but for voltage control.

Photo0006.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

Used a case from an old power supply. Made my own boards thanks to my laser printer. Used the existing heat sinks and power the fan up with my battery charger. Couldn't find a cheap 25w resistor so made up a separate board with 9X 670ohm 5w resistors.

It has 15amp triacs I think (or 20).
I only use it for a constant draw of about 5 amps which it does easily.

cheers

Back