Dans gets growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed my local dan's has home brew kit cans and malt extract etc on the shelf too... wtf
Checkout staff palmed me a near expiry malt shovel abbey ale for nix looking at my mix. Yum yum, aged abbey ale.

practicalfool said:
Noticed my local dan's has home brew kit cans and malt extract etc on the shelf too... wtf
Checkout staff palmed me a near expiry malt shovel abbey ale for nix looking at my mix. Yum yum, aged abbey ale.
I noticed that on there website too!!

Rod
Check out The International Beer Shop in West Leederville,Perth for growler fills
www.internationalbeershop.com.au/

They don't fill swingtops as they don't fit into the system, but you can buy one of their squealers of growlers cheap enough.

LUKIE said:
one of their squealers of growlers cheap enough.
what is a squealer

you folks from WA have a language all of your own

Will try a few possibles when I get there

:p

Does anyone know what is on offer at the Prahran store? Might have to check it out on the way home from work.

Here you go:

Yob said:
OK, spoke to the Prahran store.

$24.99 Mountain Goat IPA
$23.99 Guage Road Keller
$27 Burleigh Heads Hassle Hop
$16.99 some cider
$24.99 Mountain Goat Sure Foot Stout.

He said the Alphington store has a different beer, didnt catch what it was for $34

insert colony of loud cricket noises.....

Cheers Bum, I obviously spaced out on Yob's post. Does anyone have an opinion on how Goat IPA from the keg stacks up against the bottled version? Everytime I get Goat beers on tap they are far better than their bottled counterparts (flavour wise).

I haven't had it recently but historically it is way better on tap. Only had it at the brewery though if that makes a difference (on tap, I mean).

It's a bit shit in the bottle these days, IMO.

I was at the Alphington store yesterday and they have had a problem with the glass growlers and are now including free brown PET growlers which are 1.89litres apparently. The hassle hop had sold out but they had a maclaren vale rhubarb wit beer. I love rhubarb but this didn't do it for me, at first I thought it was good but it then left an after taste that reminded me a bit too much of the acidic taste you get just after a good spew, but before you rinse your mouth out.
I still didn't buy any, I just grabbed a four pack of maclaren vale IPA.

Oh yeah, the guy asked me what I thought of the rhubarb wit and seemed non fussed when I thought it wasn't great he then tried to sell me a tap king. He got the 5hits up when I said "but they have launched it with some average beers and most of them are virtually the same" he then tried to defend it and said "they've got JS golden ale" he walked off and left me alone when I responded "odd choice I reckon it's about the worst beer JS make"

Picked up a couple of growlers at the Alphington store for Melbourne swap day. Under $25 for 1.8 L with free (plastic) growler. Also able to sample the beer before buying.

While the guy filling sanitised between fills with coopers sanitiser, then wiped it off with warm water and a used chux wipe, the price seemed OK, the beer was in good condition and it was fine for this purpose.

I don't mind the idea at all.

As I've said earlier I don't mind the idea either, especially when you can get interesting beers, thought it was worth noting that they now have a bottle you get for free as opposed to paying $8 for a glass growler, you do need an event or night when you know it's going to be emptied though. I was only planning to go home for one beer so stubbies/cans still wins for that purpose.

We have growler fills over here and it seems to be taking off. Started with a single Moa tap and now we have three or so local beers and some nice US Imports. Have had the likes of Coronado Idiot on in recent times. Our prices are similar, just in NZD (So I guess a fill would be under $20 AUD).
Fresh as if you have it in the first two/three days

Latest posts

Back