Dans gets growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you just buy the empty growler, or do they expect you to fill it too?

No way I'd spend $30 for 2L when a sixpack of the same stuff is $20. My maths is far to advanced to fall for that.

IS it $30 per fill or is that the initial cost?
I have a Growler from Thunder Road Brewery in Brunswick it was about $25 and costs between $15-20 to fill. Depending on ABV due to taxes. It lasts 3 days but once its open you should drink it in one day, not hard around a BBQ with a mate.
I have a squeeler (1L) from another local bottle shop that have 2 kegs at a time. They tend to have small batch beers that you cant get in bottles/cans. Like Mikkeller 10 IPA (yep 10 hops in that bad boy) They cost around $15 to fill but its great to try the different beers. Plus a 1L is fine to drink by your self while watching the Cricket or V8's not football!

If refills are ~$20 and they have listed online what's on tap, I'd use this quite a bit.

I can walk to Dans, and it's quite a drive to a specialty bottle shop.

Would be great if they started getting in single batch beers and the like.

How did we get the idea refills are $30? I can't see it listed on the site.

technobabble66 said:
Erm ... i could be wrong, but look at a zoomed-in image of the bottle:
It looks to be 1L, or 1/3 Gallon.

Methinks their Growler squeals.
I think you're right...bugga!!

technobabble66 said:
Erm ... i could be wrong, but look at a zoomed-in image of the bottle:
It looks to be 1L, or 1/3 Gallon.

Methinks their Growler squeals.
1L? How do you reckon? What do you think that character after the 1 and before the word "Litre" is for? "1.0 Litre"? It'll be ~1.8L (i.e. 1/2 gallon)

tricache said:
I don't fancy driving for an hour every time I want to get to a place which you put as "gives a shit about the craft industry" :lol: I don't think this will get craft drinkers to turn their backs on the current smaller bottle shops but I think it will get more mainstream drinkers into craft beer

You see the glass half empty (you see them dragging the craft beer market down) and some people see it as half full (HELPING the craft beer market)....but I say **** it and I drink what is in the glass and I see it as another avenue to get good beer from.
Four hours for me, or buy online which, when you add shipping, becomes very expensive.

I see the point of the DM bashers, but when every other bottlo inside a four hour drive has only megaswill, they are god send.

I shan't be paying $30 a grolwer though.

bum said:
I guarantee I've spent a lot more on less beer at Slowbeer/Purvis and a lot more as pints over the jump - as I am certain you have too.
Oh my yes indeed... and will continue to do so :lol:

These are only available at 2 stores so I'm guessing we won't be seeing these elsewhere if it doesn't take off.

OK, spoke to the Prahran store.

$24.99 Mountain Goat IPA
$23.99 Guage Road Keller
$27 Burleigh Heads Hassle Hop
$16.99 some cider
$24.99 Mountain Goat Sure Foot Stout.

He said the Alphington store has a different beer, didnt catch what it was for $34

insert colony of loud cricket noises.....

Yob said:
OK, spoke to the Prahran store.

$24.99 Mountain Goat IPA
$23.99 Guage Road Keller
$27 Burleigh Heads Hassle Hop
$16.99 some cider
$24.99 Mountain Goat Sure Foot Stout.

He said the Alphington store has a different beer, didnt catch what it was for $34

insert colony of loud cricket noises.....
They get Hassle Hop....those BASTARDS!

nu_brew said:
...$34 for a litre of beer...
It isn't a litre and I'm sure I'm not alone in having paid more for less once or twice (considerably better beers though but your concern doesn't seem related to quality here).

hoffer.JPG

The prices seem similiar to what I've paid at Slow Beer in the past.
Anybody know if you can bring your own growler or do they only fill their own?

Latest posts

Back