Dangerous "Kegland" sticker on Co2 bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having just bought 2 new co2 bottles I'm now fearing trying to refill them. Where is the 5 or 10 - year stamp date refillers look for? Do I need to bring my receipts with me, or?

By looks of things, my Keg King cylinders have the brass insert that prevents full co2 exhaustion too, how do people remove these to refill?

Last edited:
Having just bought 2 new co2 bottles I'm now fearing trying to refill them. Where is the 5 or 10 - year stamp date refillers look for? Do I need to bring my receipts with me, or?

By looks of things, my Keg King cylinders have the brass insert that prevents full co2 exhaustion too, how do people remove these to refill?
A Hex key and yes they have had the same problems

All KegLand cylinders are backed by us and refilled by a large number of refill locations that you can find here:

https://www.kegland.com.au/distributor/
This list is also continuing to grow as more refill stations get put onto this list. I should also say that you can probably find other aquarium stores and refill stations that are not on this list but also are able to fill our cylinders. If you happen to find any just let us know and we will add them to the list to help other customers too.

If anyone ever has an issue with one of our cylinders just let us know. Definitely we had the first batch of cylinders that had a higher than normal number of PRV valves that did not let gas out from them and as far as I know every single customer that contacted us were shipped replacement or they were taken back to us for a replacement. We have had less than 100 of these out of several thousand sold. In the more recent 2000 units sold we have absolutely zero issues whatsoever so it would be important to consider the numbers that we are talking about.

Yes we sell stuff at the lowest possible price that's correct. But to necessarily say that the cylinders are of low quality because of low price doesn't make any sense. Prior to KegLand existing the same cylinders were sold in Australia for $200 each. The same steel, specification, design, out of the same factory. The quality has not changed at all. They simply have a lower price tag and customers are getting some awesome bargains especially at the moment.

We do have an instruction sheet showing how to remove the RPV piece here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/replacement-residual-pressure-rpv-for-co2-cylinder-valve.html

Thanks Kegland. I did feel that it was mostly fearmongering and something just didn't sit quite right. You guys have always been incredibly good to me so far in all/any dealings. Even one order I did not long ago with a bad regulator you took back right away just asking for a quick vid of the fault and even paid return postage on which I thought was just great service and the right thing to do which many companies don't

Also missed a tap handle in an order and placed a separate order for it just minutes after, didn't want to pay $8 postage for the $1.50 handle so just left a note asking to ship it with my other order. Low and behold the poor guy wasn't too pleased with me and explained it's quite a task for him to do but he actually did it for me after I was pretty sure you wouldn't have

Kudos to you

Ps, I think the co2 cylinders look to be perfectly acceptable and rather good quality from what I've seen. Im really happy with mine

Latest posts

Back