Damaged Keg Post

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glen

Reaction score
I bought some kegs recently - one has damage to both posts. A small piece is missing from the edge of the top face. Firstly, is this unusual/reasonable to expect from used cornies or have I been had? Will the connects still seal? Anyone got any old posts they might be interested in selling at a price that doesn't make the keg unviable eg at $20/post it seems easier to just get another keg, I guess.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Glen

Sorry for the poor attempt at photo - not good with kid's camera.

View attachment 9565

Anyone got any old posts they might be interested in selling at a price that doesn't make the keg unviable eg at $20/post it seems easier to just get another keg, I guess.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Glen

Give Andale at Woolongabba a ring, explain to them the situation. They may have a few second handies laying about. If not they are not that $$$ brand new anyway.

I bought some kegs recently - one has damage to both posts. A small piece is missing from the edge of the top face. Firstly, is this unusual/reasonable to expect from used cornies or have I been had? Will the connects still seal? Anyone got any old posts they might be interested in selling at a price that doesn't make the keg unviable eg at $20/post it seems easier to just get another keg, I guess.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Glen

Sorry for the poor attempt at photo - not good with kid's camera.

View attachment 9565

I have a few sets - come in pairs - gas & liquid - come off kegs taht were being converted to handle keg coupler fittings - very good nick.

Happy to part with them at 32.50 a pair including postage - or 35.00 express post. :super:

Hope this helps - just PM me if you want some.

Thanks for the offer Ken. Just not too sure at the moment - might be interested. I would like to test to see if it leaks first, but haven't got CO2 yet - maybe that's an excuse to finish the kegging setup....

Glen

Thanks for the offer Ken. Just not too sure at the moment - might be interested. I would like to test to see if it leaks first, but haven't got CO2 yet - maybe that's an excuse to finish the kegging setup....

Glen

Glen, you'll totally stuff your disconnects if you push them onto those posts :(

I'd suggest not using the kegs until better parts are fitted...scratching the guts of a liquid disconnect will make a big mess...scratch the guts of a gas disconnect will cause you to loose all your gas (and kill people in the house if you have it inside :eek: ).

PZ.

Ohh, I see. That's what I needed to know. Time for new posts then.
Thanks

Glen - did the person you bought them from offer to replace them so you dont have to fork out more cash?
Cheers
Steve

Yes Steve, just now, today. Actually he was very good about it. When I posted last night he hadn't made the offer after my first contact and I was wondering if it was reasonable to expect that when the kegs were sold "non-reconditioned". I got them pretty cheap too. I woke up a bit cranky about it this morning and emailed him again. Top marks for ebayer: tmorgan62. I think he's a hbs Marlin Coast in Mulgrave NQ?. He's name is Rick - big tick from me.

Thanks to all those who offered help.

Glen

Back