Czech Pilzer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly the beer they use to make carlton draught which is made from beer.

In fact they were the mob who sparked the War with the assassination of their Archduke Franz Ferdinand... by a Balkan freedom fighter / terrorist.

how are the good beerloving inhabitants of pilsen anything to do with the balkans?

Pilsner, Pilsener or Pils comes from the Czech town Plzen so the OP was almost there.
Bribie This is the second time today I will have to throw stones at you (this is becoming a habit). Pilsener, Pilsner are not from the same place, the spelleng ;) may denote which comes from where. See if you can figure it out. I have it on good authority that I am right.
GB

Bribie This is the second time today I will have to throw stones at you (this is becoming a habit). Pilsener, Pilsner are not from the same place, the spelleng ;) may denote which comes from where. See if you can figure it out. I have it on good authority that I am right.
GB

Ooooh, I've got it!

Pils come from Amsterdam.

Cutty and pasty here (still doesn't clarify for me though) from wiki;

Pilsener (disambiguation)

Pilsener may refer to:

anything from the town of Plzeň or Pilsen
Pilsner, a type of beer
Beer glassware#Pilsner glass, a variety of beer glass
Mash ingredients#Pilsner malt, a type of brewing malt
Prohibition_in_Iceland#Pre-abolition, non-alcoholic beer in Iceland during prohibition, usually mixed in such drinks as bjrlki, a legal beer substitute

Cutty and pasty here (still doesn't clarify for me though) from wiki;

Pilsener (disambiguation)

Pilsener may refer to:

anything from the town of Plzeň or Pilsen
Pilsner, a type of beer
Beer glassware#Pilsner glass, a variety of beer glass
Mash ingredients#Pilsner malt, a type of brewing malt
Prohibition_in_Iceland#Pre-abolition, non-alcoholic beer in Iceland during prohibition, usually mixed in such drinks as bjrlki, a legal beer substitute

I love that bjrlki, commonly abbreviated to ( in the Eyjafjallajkull dialect of course, as we have long known) Bjrk, hot little bitch .

GB
Did you figure this out yet Bribie ? Mate just for you I will tell you the difference : I will quote Horst Dornbusch from that all time Family classic Bavarian Helles.
[ The Northern German beer is known as the Pils or Pilsener (as opposed to the Bohemian Pilsner, which is spelled without the middle e).]
I though my obvious wrong spelling of spelleng may have given you a clue. I will be proof reading your posts from now on to make sure you get it right. :D Stones ready and waiting.
GB

Protz also concurs, the original Pilsner was officially registered as "Pilsner Urquell" in 1898 and, as the style spread to Germany it bacame "Pils" in the North and "Pilsener" with the e in the South with brands such as Shlossbrau Pilsener and Lowenbrau Pilsener etc.

Back