Custom Bottle Caps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
Firstly, i apologise if this has already been covered. I assume it has been, but i couldnt find anything in the search...

I am just curious to see if anyone knows where i might be able to get custom printed crown caps, or if people have found that they are too expensive to be worth while. I assume as well most places would want huge orders, whereas i would probably only be after 1000ish...

Cheers

Try Adelaide Merchandising, I think? They are just off Richmond Rd

Sweet, i'll check them out. Thanks Cog's!

if you dont mind the work then a custom made stamper and an ink pad would do the trick.
another option would be computer cut images - stickers basically put on each lid.
sounds like you want to go commercial? got yourself a good brew?

Will try some different coloured caps in our laser tomorrow and post some pics.

Can also make stamps if thats your choice.

very nice, id be interested as well

Superoo, did you print them yourself, or is that someone elses offering? Looks good though- i reckon you'd find a few people after them.

Machine can fit 200 caps in one run.

Each run of 200 caps takes approx 1/2 to 3/4 hour to do red or grey caps, and 1 hour to do 200 black caps (run thru twice).

I would say the very best price you would be looking at is...
20c each for 1000 red or grey caps.
24c each for 600 red or grey caps.
30c each for 200 red or grey caps.

Add 10c per cap for black, as we need to run those thru twice, its to do with the blck paint, if we try to etch it off in one run, it makes a mess of it.

Plus one off cost of $22 to set up your artwork.
Plus postage.

price includes GST and you would receive a tax invoice.

You would need to provide a black and white jpeg image.

Is this price in the ball park ?
(the laser / filtration unit is a $45000 machine, so it cant be run for free).

I see on one of the linked sites above it costs 8.3c ea for their standard range of caps, their custom caps arent priced.

Let me know if you are interested, I will be happy to do one run at the prices listed above, and then work it out from there. Price may decrease or increase depending on how it works out.

I did the design on those, you can basically do any design you want, as long as its in black and white, the black areas are etched off.
Too much detail wont show in such a small area.

They are etched in my laser machine at work.

I did the design on those, you can basically do any design you want, as long as its in black and white, the black areas are etched off.
Too much detail wont show in such a small area.

They are etched in my laser machine at work.
Do you reckon the caps would rust if the paint has been etched off?

Caps might eventually rust, not sure,

in my shed they arent around long enough to rust :)

here's a famous one knocked up in a hurry...

Thanks for putting all that up man, that's great. I reckon at this point it might be too expensive for me, though they do look amazing! But it just bumps up the price of each batch by a fair bit, might have problems justifying it to the missus! If they were more like around the 10c range then i'd be all over it. I can understand why that isn't possible though- its obviously quite a process. Hope someone else buys some though!

All cool,

yes, its a bit of messing around to do custom stuff, and thats why it costs more.

At 10c each, it works out to be charging the Laser machine out, including operator labour at $40 per hour, which is not possible in the long term.

If it was just some generic designs that we could run heaps and heaps thru, then it might be priced differently.

I looked on some other sites in the US and seems around 30 cents is the ballpark for custom stuff.

If somebody is charging only 10c or so, it will be because they have access to a laser, but arent paying the running costs, and are doing cashies :)

I agree, it is quite expensive, the generic ones on the links above at places like craftycaps might be a better option.

When I get a minute I'll do a run through and time it all, and see how low I can make the price.

Cheers...

Back