Cumin Spice In A Wit ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daznz

Reaction score
Hi boys

Have any of you added cumin seed to your wit beer i see it in a few recipes
and im keen to know the out come of your brew with this powerful little seed in it

Daza

Daznz
cumin is a very strong flavoured spice. I tried a homebrew that someone had added cumin too and that was all you could taste. I'm not sure how much they used or when it was added. I advise caution unless you're a big cumin fan. I'd stick to using it in curries only.
Cheers
Stephen.

Daznz
cumin is a very strong flavoured spice. I tried a homebrew that someone had added cumin too and that was all you could taste. I'm not sure how much they used or when it was added. I advise caution unless you're a big cumin fan. I'd stick to using it in curries only.
Cheers
Stephen.

Cheers Sjc i was thinking that could happen i think ill leave it out of this brew
and add some Chamomile Herb

cheers Daza

Cumin Spice In A Wit ?

It's hard to be good sometimes with posts like this,and about right for a Wit too :lol:

i love cumin. but haven't got around to brewing with it yet. if so you'd want to use it sparingly. but it combines well with coriander seed.
i'm brewing a wit tomorrow with chai spice mix which should be pretty indian

Latest posts

Back