Culured Yeast Q

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjp

Reaction score
Have done a couple of cultured yeast brews now and dont think I could go back to dried.The method I've been using is a 1 litre boil with 100 grm ldme and the dregs of 2 CPA stubbies(Drank from glass) after cooling and leaving for 7 days.Just wondered if there are any ways of improving this or getting different flavours through the brew,such as using some crystal instead of ldme.if so how much crystal should i use for a 1 litre boil.or would I just be wasting my time? Also would a roast barley starter change things much?just wondered if this would come through the brew or little to no difference would be noticed.

Roast barley is unmalted so there would be nothing for the yeast to munch on. I think you'd have to use a fair wack of crystal to get enough in there too.

A starter is not usually a focus for getting different flavours into the brew (besides from the yeast obviously).

Article on it here (download pdf attachment): http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;showarticle=40

Thanks Manticle, this is actually the link I came across when searching for cultured yeast.Its so easy and works well.----guess I,ll save my grain for the boil!

Latest posts

Back