Cube Sucked In Air

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric8

I changed this because Gregor can't
Reaction score
I did a Saison yesterday and put into NC cube. The cube is CRAP!! the lid doesn't seal properly, the type where if you tighten too much then it starts going round again. :angry:

To combat this I get some glad wrap and fold into a few squares to get a tight seal. In the past this has worked well, so I did the same last night. When I checked the cube this afternoon, it has let in some air and the headspace is much bigger than last night, so obviously some air has gotten in.

Now the problem is that I don't have any yeast to ferment it with, so what to do? Should I dump into fermenter and add some CO2 or add the CO2 to the cube?

HELP :(
Eric

mmm... similar happened to me once, I pitched straight away, cos I had some yeast on hand....

my thought would be to purge the cubes headspace with c02, for the immediate future, and get some yeast ASAP. (that being said, I wouldn't panic too much about it, if your cube sanitation was good).

mmm... similar happened to me once, I pitched straight away, cos I had some yeast on hand....

my thought would be to purge the cubes headspace with c02, for the immediate future, and get some yeast ASAP. (that being said, I wouldn't panic too much about it, if your cube sanitation was good).
Well that or try tightening it again...

I had three goes at my last one cube.
I checked it today and still airtight since March/April.

Latest posts

Back