• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Crown seal long necks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tateg

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Now that I have I have really tried to up the brewing output I find my self needing some extra bottles.
Does anyone have any sources for some thick crown seal bottles (like the coopers ones) around the north western suburbs of melb ?

Cheers
Tate

Just drop into your local pub and ask them to keep certain bottles for you. Best bet is to grab champagne bottles, they're thick and consistent shape. Means you'll need a new capping bell and champagne size crown seals but will be worth it.

I've got some but I am inner East rather than Northwest.

PM if able to pick up from Fairfield.

I'll have some assorted crown seals (500ml - 750ml) in West Footscray. I'm planning in sorting them out today, but if you're happy to use assorted sizes, you're welcome to them.

Just an update: I have just over 5 dozen bottles, including about 10 330mls (which are handy as carb testers) - all in cardboard boxes, all rinsed, some a bit dusty (in particular a dozen or so VERY old and sturdy green glass bottles. If you're interested, you're welcome to come & collect, if not please let me know anyway so I can offer them around.

Prince Imperial said:
Just an update: I have just over 5 dozen bottles, including about 10 330mls (which are handy as carb testers) - all in cardboard boxes, all rinsed, some a bit dusty (in particular a dozen or so VERY old and sturdy green glass bottles. If you're interested, you're welcome to come & collect, if not please let me know anyway so I can offer them around.
Thanks prince I
I am really looking for 750ml bottles, to cut down bottling time.
Are the 750 u have the thicker ones?
Thanks
Tate

Yeah they are mostly Coopers, the green ones are 750ml as well - I'm hoping to offload them at once though, & they aren't sorted by size anyway. I don't suppose you want to take them and pass on or recycle what you won't use?

Latest posts

Back