CPBF Carbonator Cap not sealing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobedogg

Reaction score
Missed the boat for Yob's bulk buy for Melbourne folk, but had my eye on these suckers for a little while. Love that these ones have the dip tube so you can bottle fill as well as carbonate/line clean. Picked one up from Grain & Grape in Melbourne last week. Damned if I can get the thing to seal. I've tried tightening it with a wrench but no dice either. Can still squeeze air out and ended up with water everywhere when I tried to do a test carb. There's an O ring in there but it's definitely not doing it's job. Pretty sure they sell the Keg King ones at G & G. Gonna go back and swap over tomorrow unless anyone has any ideas. Thicker O ring maybe?

Anyone else had this issue?

Try a different bottle? I've had a few dodgy PET bottles before.

jonnir said:
Tried using threadtape?
No- will do!

jc64 said:
Try a different bottle? I've had a few dodgy PET bottles before.
Tried two bottles but maybe both dodgy. Will try another tonight with some threadtape and see how we go.

Thanks for your prompt suggestions!

I had a similar problem, the thread is not cut properly so the bottle tightens up in the thread and the top lip never gets a proper seal on the gasket. I got mine replaced, if your handy with a lathe you could cut the thread a bit deeper but an internal blind thread into stainless is a bitch.
Regards, Dave

dblunn said:
I had a similar problem, the thread is not cut properly so the bottle tightens up in the thread and the top lip never gets a proper seal on the gasket. I got mine replaced, if your handy with a lathe you could cut the thread a bit deeper but an internal blind thread into stainless is a bitch.
Regards, Dave
Cheers Dave. Lathe not in my repertoire I'm afraid. I'll try some tape tonight otherwise I'll head back there tomorrow to swap over.

Back