Leaking Liquid Post - Ball Lock Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
Hi All,

On one of my kegs I have a leaking POST and I'm out of idea on how to fix it.

I have tried the following:

• Tried a different disconnect
  • Changed the o-ring on the POST
  • Changed the o-ring on the dip tube
  • A new poppet
  • Put the POST onto another keg
  • Keg Lube Everywhere

Even after all of these changes I am still getting leaks. I've had the keg for 3+ years now without issue. Could it be the POST itself or is there something else I can try?

Thanks

I have seen a post with a hole in the metal it was made of, not common but weird shit can happen.
Inspect the post very carefully,

More likely is a faulty or wrong sized O-Ring, try taking the O-Ring off, putt a couple of turns of Teflon plumbing tape into the grove then put the O-Ring back on. If that stops it leaking you have probably been supplied with the wrong section O-Ring (section refers to the cross section of the O-Ring)

Assuming it leaks on all your disconnects not just one of them (if only one look at disconnect - there have been some real crap ones coming onto the market) If the problem persists replace the post or disconnect.
Mark

MHB said:
More likely is a faulty or wrong sized O-Ring, try taking the O-Ring off, putt a couple of turns of Teflon plumbing tape into the grove then put the O-Ring back on. If that stops it leaking you have probably been supplied with the wrong section O-Ring (section refers to the cross section of the O-Ring)
Boom! That did the trick (plumbers tape in the grove). I was loosing my s#*t over this. Thought I was going crazy, the neighbours will be glad the early morning swear-fest is now over.

Thankyou so much.

You know if it's leaking out past your disconnect past the o-ring, it's just as likely to be a crappy disconnect as a crappy o-ring, either could cause that problem (and either would be helped by the teflon tape trick)

The only thing sealing the flow path with the disconnect in place on a corny is that o-ring against a seating surface inside the disconnect that's supposed to be flat. It's actually apparently pretty hard to cast, and on cheap disconnects it's often very far from flat or within tolerance, which causes Issues. Especially as the o-ring wears

Latest posts

Back