Counter pressure can filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more the way you take it out... the tubes of bottle fillers take up a surprising volume, which is replaced by air when you withdraw. Couple this with the angle and low fill, and I reckon the neck will have a fair amount of oxygen when capped. With the beer gun or traditional CPBF at least you can give a quick blast of CO2 to purge the air in the neck...

As the distributor for Tapcooler products I just want to register disgust. Tapcooler is a very small but very decent business in Norway. The guy put in his own money, worked hard to build this product only to now see it copied and offered by people who make all their stuff in China. As I said it is just disgusting.
I must say, there certainly isn't much to distinguish KL's from the original is there !!

I pretty much thought they must be buying them from a third party and rebranding (like regulators) when I first saw it. Basically identical!

I haven't been in to bressure brewing for long but it's the first time I've seen a counter pressure filler like this! Seems far more surperior than any others.

It would work a lot better if it was close to the edge of the bench. You wouldn’t have to tip the bottle so far to get it out which means a lot less ullage (air gap on top).
Ideally you would fill fast enough for the beer to foam and fill the neck space with foam, even if a little overflows. Get the cap onto the foam and closed fast enough and you can pretty much exclude all the oxygen. Remember that the beer is gassing off a little which helps.
Mark

I must say, there certainly isn't much to distinguish KL's from the original is there !!

I pretty much thought they must be buying them from a third party and rebranding (like regulators) when I first saw it. Basically identical!
The guy who designed and built it is furious. I am just disgusted and if Aussie brewers buy this knowingly that would really concern me. Quickest way to stifle innovation is when people buy cheap chinese copies and then in the end no one wants to do anything new or better any more. This certainly puts the lie to all those supposed "Critical Minds" when this is how they operate.

Last edited:
The guy who designed and built it is furious. I am just disgusted and if Aussie brewers buy this knowingly that would really concern me. Quickest way to stifle innovation is when people buy cheap chinese copies and then in the end no one wants to do anything new or better and more. This certainly puts the lie to all those supposed "Critical Minds" when this is how they operate.

Sorry going to have to chime in here. Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but didn't you make and sell under the keg king brand an exact copy of the blichmann beer gun? That was no doubt made in China?

I'm be furious if I was the guy to, but as a company that has done basically the exact same thing to another company in the past maybe you should be picking a different fight?

Reactions: MHB
All right, we now understand the views expressed here about alleged plagiarism etc. We understand the frustration and anger, but, can we please get back to discussing the merits or otherwise of equipment for everyone's brewing needs?

Sorry going to have to chime in here. Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but didn't you make and sell under the keg king brand an exact copy of the blichmann beer gun? That was no doubt made in China?

I'm be furious if I was the guy to, but as a company that has done basically the exact same thing to another company in the past maybe you should be picking a different fight?
Good call, but it does come down to timing, KK is under new management now but used to be run by the guy that now runs KL, sooo if the Blichman gun copy was done under the old KK leadership then we just have more of the same from the same guy, if on the other hand it was done after he left KK to form KL then you have a very good point indeed. I guess we await comment from the interested parties.
It's worth bearing in mind, that morals aside, were it not for the knock off's, and cheap/subsidised Chinese manufacturing/shipping many home brewers would still be using plastic buckets and recycled Coopers long necks, for an eye watering experience cost up a kegerator using Andale gear, European kegs, and BOC co2, and reg's.
Personally I despise those that steal someone else's ideas/products, and then profit from it, and the best course of action is to buy from the original source, unfortunately when you can get an "ALMOST!" identical product for half the price or less, the vast majority will go cheap, they may still whinge and whine but we know who gets the order. Sad but true.

Good call, but it does come down to timing, KK is under new management now but used to be run by the guy that now runs KL, sooo if the Blichman gun copy was done under the old KK leadership then we just have more of the same from the same guy, if on the other hand it was done after he left KK to form KL then you have a very good point indeed. I guess we await comment from the interested parties.
It's worth bearing in mind, that morals aside, were it not for the knock off's, and cheap/subsidised Chinese manufacturing/shipping many home brewers would still be using plastic buckets and recycled Coopers long necks, for an eye watering experience cost up a kegerator using Andale gear, European kegs, and BOC co2, and reg's.
Personally I despise those that steal someone else's ideas/products, and then profit from it, and the best course of action is to buy from the original source, unfortunately when you can get an "ALMOST!" identical product for half the price or less, the vast majority will go cheap, they may still whinge and whine but we know who gets the order. Sad but true.
Exactly, same girl different dress. They also seem to be pulling the strings of what is moderated. Mention Keg Land and the post disappears, watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back