Could this be the end of Mcdonalds?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, Maccas breakfast is OK on occasion. About the only times I will buy it is at the airport before an early morning flight.

$7 for a bacon & egg mcMuffin, coffee and hashbrown vs $16 for shitty bacon and egg roll and coffee from any other airport cafe is justifiable.

Any other time I eat it, I always regret it about an hour later. It sits in your stomach like a lump of concrete. I cant eat Burger King anymore either.

Dave70 said:
[...] any more than Star Wars is about accurately portraying the physics interstellar travel and robotics, its about marketing and franchising.
'Ken What?!

Next you'll be saying they're not real bagels on Princess Leia

Mr Wibble said:
'Ken What?!

Next you'll be saying they're not real bagels on Princess Leia
She grabbed her brother kissed him hard on the mouth. Wearing some Jewish bread product on your head is small potatoes.

News to me.
I always thought it was slightly off aioli and chives.

Phoney said:
I have to admit, Maccas breakfast is OK on occasion. About the only times I will buy it is at the airport before an early morning flight.

$7 for a bacon & egg mcMuffin, coffee and hashbrown vs $16 for shitty bacon and egg roll and coffee from any other airport cafe is justifiable.

Any other time I eat it, I always regret it about an hour later. It sits in your stomach like a lump of concrete. I cant eat Burger King anymore either.
I used to work with a bloke who called a McDonalds breakfast an Araldite breakfast

Coffee + Hashbrown & McMuffin set hard in your guts and took all day to digest

The article sounds like a bit of bitchn n moanin from some franchise owners who are struggling and aren't happy with the changes made by the board. Like any business, it doens't matter how big or successful you are, there will come times when you need to incorporate changes to keep with market demands. Some will be successful, some wont ,but changes need to be made to remain viable. You will always get a % of staff that don't like change.

I played cooking with my grand daughter this evening,I had to make believe I was eating one of her plastic cooked eggs,bugger me if the taste wasn't he same as a hungry mac pus burger.

Question:
Where the hell do fast food joints get their eggs,bacon,patties etc from , a frigging plastic factory ?
And don't get me started on the cheese,I haven't had a take away hungry mac pus for yonks but the last time was similar to chewing on a piece of yellow plastic,fark me .

I make my kids home made bacon and egg muffins

Ironically the eggs, bacon and muffin are probably the same as what they use

The designed by you thing they have going at the moment is actually pretty good.

The bun is much better, you can get real cheese, the chilli jam is pretty good, and you can make a real sized burger with the lot. I've actually felt full and satisfied, which you just don't get from their normal menu. It's not cheap though (my last one was like $18 for the meal), but it's worth it when stopping with the kids on long drives (which is what maccas is for right?)

I wish they hadn't changed to whatever healthy oil they use for their chips now though, they were so much better back when they used lard.

Glen W said:
The designed by you thing they have going at the moment is actually pretty good.

The bun is much better, you can get real cheese, the chilli jam is pretty good, and you can make a real sized burger with the lot. I've actually felt full and satisfied, which you just don't get from their normal menu. It's not cheap though (my last one was like $18 for the meal), but it's worth it when stopping with the kids on long drives (which is what maccas is for right?)

I wish they hadn't changed to whatever healthy oil they use for their chips now though, they were so much better back when they used lard.
Dam right. I'll take lard over trans fat infused vegetable oil any day. (though its only 1% trans fat according to Mc Donalds)
Duck fat would be even tastier.

Its actually worse, and demonstrably so to imply such foods as healthy - eg, the populace seems to be getting fatter and fatter despite light and 99% fat free everything.

For **** sake, cut the euphemisms and just come out and say 'yeah, our chips are fried in saturated fat, not particularly healthy, but dam tasty. So make eating them an occasion rather than a staple and you'll likely be just fine'.

And for the record, you cant design your own fries. I've requested mine to be cooked a little longer until slightly crispier and had my request refused. Well then, I shall take my business elsewhere, said I.

Glen W said:
Lard right! I thought they used tallow?

Back