• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Corona Mill - $60 Inc P&h

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doglet

Reaction score
corona_mill_1.JPGcorona_mill_2.JPG

I have upgraded to a Barley Crusher so I have my Porkert corona-style mill for sale. Cost is $60 which include P&H within Australia. Local pickup in Adelaide is $50.

PM for details.

doglet said:
View attachment 5998View attachment 5999

I have upgraded to a Barley Crusher so I have my Porkert corona-style mill for sale. Cost is $60 which include P&H within Australia. Local pickup in Adelaide is $50.

PM for details.
[post="109691"][/post]​

Am in the market for a mill, but know nothing of these, maybe someone could PM me.

Screwtop,

Save yourself the trouble and buy a Barley Crusher. Pull it straight out of the box and crush away. Cost about $220 delivered from the US to your door.

Cheers.

I have a porkert mill and it works fine. One day I may upgrade but it does me fine for now.

Hoops

Sorry was caught up. Mill has been sold to Wee Stu via PM.

For info on corona mills do a search on this forum using the term 'corona mill' or 'porkert'.

It was a good mill for me when doing partials - in fact I only used it 3 times - but I couldn't face crushing 5kg of grain with it hence the purchase of the Barley Crusher. I do know of others that use them for AG and I have even seen these motorised - check out Google what they get up to in the US.

Cheers
Tim aka doglet

doglet said:
It was a good mill for me when doing partials - in fact I only used it 3 times - but I couldn't face crushing 5kg of grain with it hence the purchase of the Barley Crusher. I do know of others that use them for AG and I have even seen these motorised - check out Google what they get up to in the US.

Cheers
Tim aka doglet
[post="109722"][/post]​

Screwtop,

There's your answer above

crankandstein also rocks....I have one(very basic model)

doglet said:
...Mill has been sold to Wee Stu via PM.

Cheers
Tim aka doglet
[post="109722"][/post]​
Aahh well you know it was a bargain buy if Wee Stu bought it :p ;) PS I m with Linz and have a basic crank...andstein

roach said:
doglet said:
...Mill has been sold to Wee Stu via PM.

Cheers
Tim aka doglet
[post="109722"][/post]​
Aahh well you know it was a bargain buy if Wee Stu bought it :p ;) PS I m with Linz and have a basic crank...andstein
[post="109729"][/post]​

My main mill for the last two or more years has been a corona style, but it is not mine - it belongs to a local winemaking and brewing club. This purchase is insurance against the other ever being reclaimed :ph34r: .

If and when I do lose my longstanding custody of the club's corona that I have become attached to, I will bite the bullet and buy a serious mill :D .

When that happens, the newly acquired porkert will resurface here, at a substantially reduced price. In the meantime, if there is a seriously mill challenged Adelaide brewer on the cusp of going all grain, give me a PM. I would be happy to lend the new purchase out until such time as an emergency arises.

For a cheap strarter mill, the porkert is available, brand new, from Bill at Brewmaker (no affiliation etc) in Holden Hill for only $65. I don't drive, and Holden Hill is soooo far to walk for my little legs.

awrabest, spendthrift stu

PostModern said:
Damn, beaten by the king of TAB.
[post="109742"][/post]​

TAB, me?. Surely not! In fact I am the epitome of selfless generosity and benevolence in the cause of all grain brewing :p

My new porkert may have already found a temporary home in an even less fortunately equipped brury than my own :huh:

And, in the case of an emergency, it will only be a phone call away :super:

Well after a couple of quickfire PM's it looks like I am to be lucky fella who is going to borrow the grain mill from Wee stu. :D

Its great to see that the spirit of sharing and helping others get a leg up is alive on this forum.

thanks for the fast reply and willingness to help Stu.

Dave :party:

Brauluver said:
Its great to see that the spirit of sharing and helping others get a leg up is alive on this forum.

[post="109770"][/post]​

For some time, when I got started on the all grain adventure rollercoaster, all my equipment was borrowed. The guys who helped me out are both legion and legend. They know who they are, and the help continues unabated.

I still don't have much by way of technical expertise to hand around, though I now know the right from the wrong end of a screwdriver, I think :blink: .

I know I have much more chance of paying off my gargantuan mortgage than my debts to the craft brewing fraternity. Enjoy your use of the mill, brau. It's the very least I could do.

awrabest, stu

Ah well, everyone's happy, so I'm happy. Last one I looked at was an ebay auction and got sniped by another fellow forum member. I guess LHBS will have to put up with me saying "cracked please" at the end of every order for a while longer yet :)

Brauluver said:

[post="109770"][/post]​

Just dont mention hops.

Brauluver said:
Well after a couple of quickfire PM's it looks like I am to be lucky fella who is going to borrow the grain mill from Wee stu. :D

[post="109770"][/post]​

Wee Stu always needs a "Leg Up" :rolleyes:

This particular mill is up for sale again!
25 brews been through it since purchased.Still in mint condition.

$50 plus postage or pick up from Surrey Downs(S.A) or City(business hours).

Please PM only if interested.

Anyone who is a little cash challenged but wants to buy uncrushed grain and do their own will love the corona style mill.

I just calculated how much grain I have done with mine and it came to 427.94kg!! All hand cranked (except the one batch I
did where I tried to hook up a wiper motor - long story for another day.)

I still want a 'real' mill, but more kegs, tempmate, another regulator, more grain ...... more, more, more everything..... has
got in the way.

Reckon that I might bite the bullet at half a tonne though. I look like those old dears who used to play their pensions away
on the pokies when the handle actually had to be pulled - their right arms looked like Arnie's and their left like an
undernourished child's.

Great mill if you need to spend money on other things to get into AG.

Cheers,
smudge

I just calculated how much grain I have done with mine and it came to 427.94kg!! All hand cranked

Great mill if you need to spend money on other things to get into AG.

Cheers,
smudge

Hooley Dooley man! I hope you were changing arms to prevent RSI.

Oh yeah *Bump*

Latest posts

Back