Coopers Sparkling Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer to the question "is it ready yet, FG seems high", is always going to be:
1)What were the ingrediants?
2)What yeast did you use?
3)What temp was it fermented at?

At colder ambients the dried yeast that comes with the cans will be crap, you need to keep the fermenter above 20C or buy fresher yeast which works better at lower temps.
Better yet, buy fresher better yeast anyway. Spend $4 on a pack of nottingham or safale SO-4 or US5, it's not too much to pay for an ale brew, and you can even reuse it to save money.
In fact, when doing a coopers, buy a few coopers beers from the bottle shop, enjoy the beer and use that yeast, anything except the dried crap that comes with the cans, that stuff has a great chance of dying on you at lower ambients.

I'me doing a coopers stout can with nottingham yeast, a coopers ale with SO-4, and about to start a coopers pale ale with yeast from 2 pale ale stubbies from the wiki right here. I like the original product, I like their kits, just hate their supplied dried yeast as they don't like lower temps.

Back